A few deer to age and score

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
soonershooter25

A few deer to age and score

Postby soonershooter25 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey guys! I'm new here and looking forward to the upcoming season!
If you could please age and score these 3 deer for me, and comment on what factors you base their age on, I would greatly appreciate it!

Buck #1 8 point

Buck #2 8 point

Buck #3 10 point

kgraham19

Re: A few deer to age and score

Postby kgraham19 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Deer #1-- I would say he's 4.5... good shoulder definition and stomach mass. Flat belly and antler mass (for OK--assuming that's where you are based on your username) makes me think he's a mature deer. As of the picture, he's about 120-125. After he sheds his velvet he should loose about 5-10 inches.
Deer #2-- He's about the same maturity... 4.5. Same as above but I think he lacks some antler mass for a deer older than 4.5. Bucks reach full antler growth at 6.5 years (for mass-- inside spread is 7.5). Score him at 125-130.
Deer #3-- He's less mature... 3.5. Smaller neck diameter and stomach mass. Less definition in flanks and shoulders. 105-110. Good mass but lack of width really hurts!
All three are really good deer for OK. I lived in Tulsa for a while and those deer are hard to age. Especially the further north you get cause KS deer can be HUGE bodied. I vote for the second deer... I'm a sucker for width!

Return to Photo Corner