Mapping Trophy Bucks

Sailfish

Mapping Trophy Bucks

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:58 am

I have read this twice now since I got it. I believe it was recommended to me by someone on here as well.

I like the book alot. Laid out nicely, easy to read and understand, clearly defines terminology and the knowledge works (imho)!

The author is Brad Herndon
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Demoderby4

RE: Mapping Trophy Bucks

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 am

I have wanted to get this book for a while now, its definitely on the Christmas wish list ;)

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am

A must read/must own book for any serious white-tail hunter.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:33 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

A must read/must own book for any serious white-tail hunter.

This may be the only time I agree with Hunter480, but here it goes:[:)]

I absolutely think this is one of the most comprehensive and informative whitetail books I have ever come accross.  Easy to read, simple concepts with proven tactics.  I wouldn't trade it for a new set of binocs.  I frequently come back to it as a resource for my many hunting parcels and new ones I venture onto[:D]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am

I agree.. I got the book off e-bay. I got it cheap, and it really is a good book. Great photo's that show good detail. Very easy to read.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 am

Sounds like we all agree on this one; it is a great book that applies to virtually every hunting grounds.  Brad's emphasis on hunting saddle areas has contributed to a nice harvest for me.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:53 pm

yeah, we kinda got that we all agree.....................

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 am

Just bought it yesterday and am half way through it!  Great read, with a very detailed and common sense approach to finding trophy bucks.  Throws in some very useful tips on sidebar topics such as staying warm on the stand, how to configure your stand and others.  Can't wait to apply his theories.

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 am

Ignoring Hunter480's swipe at me, I again want to note how valuable the advice in this book is.  Brad's information on inside and outside corners helped me get in position for an 8 pointer that I took Monday night.  His writing and illustrations seem to fit my personal learning style well.  Can't recommend the book enough.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:09 am

Ok, so up to this point I've only read magazines to gain knowledge of deer hunting.  Now I'd like to buy a book that furthers my knowledge to actually find good deer.  I've seen good reviews on Whitetail Advantage and Mapping Trophy Bucks so now the question I present is which book should I buy?  My guess is Mapping Trophy Bucks, I think it would help me out in finding the bigger deer on 110 acres of private land I hunt that has a pond, creek, ridges, and gulleys going through it.  Another question, what is a saddle? 

Next

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines