your favorite light?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
luvhuntin

your favorite light?

Postby luvhuntin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Mine is the one i never have to use but when i do use one, i`ve got a streamlight stinger c4 led that i bought at the end of season last year, it has a high med and low setting for brightness and if you double tap the switch you get a distress strobe. it is the brightest thing i have ever used bar none,(quote on their website says 17000 candela)

if you go for the kit they sell it comes with 2 batteries a recharger that will recharge both batteries at the same time, (one in the flashlight and a side slot for the other battery) which you can use in your car or plugged into the wall.

stay out of the darkness my Friends.

Jslotter

Re: your favorite light?

Postby Jslotter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:35 pm

I have Petzl headlamp with red and clear lenses. I also have a Surefire flashlight with a red lens filter with LED bulb. Both tolerate extreme weather well and never have failed me.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Coors! Or Bud!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Lets talk about some real beer Woodsie.. :D . Do they serve the New Glarus WI beers in your neck of the woods?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

deerstalker85

Postby deerstalker85 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm

I have a compact Surefire that is extremely bright and very easy to pack. I don't go anywhere without it, and use it for everything from hunting, to setting it on the nightstand next to the Glock for home defense. They aren't cheap, but as long as you keep track of it, it will last you forever. Also very efficient on battery life!
http://www.huntsync.com an awesome and easy way to keep track of what's happening on your hunting property!

w4sar

Postby w4sar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

I use an inexpensive Eveready visor light It has a red LED I use when moving to/from stands in the dark. The other setting is 2 white LEDS which I use for tracking and recovery after dark. Keeps my hands free when I'm dragging one out. I also keep a Mag-Lite as a backup and to aid in tracking. Sometimes having something hand held with which you can change the angle of the light easily is a big help on a difficult tracking job.
David J. Snyder
Orange County, NC

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Jslotter wrote:Lets talk about some real beer Woodsie.. :D . Do they serve the New Glarus WI beers in your neck of the woods?

Nooo, but I do know of them. I used to fish up in that area by Black Earth Creek (I think that's what it was called), and while trout fishing there I found some antique beer bottles from New Glarus. Nice area.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Best Practices