That vanilla thing.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

Re: That vanilla thing.

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Update: Did you know, they no longer MAKE 2G SD cards for cameras? 4G is the smallest you can now buy. I was, however able to buy 2Gmicro SD cards for use with adapters (I am assured that it can and does work in cameras.) Rehung the camera in my backyard for the dogs to trigger and test. Green test light works, everything looks good. add the SD card and wait 24hours. NOTHING. Dismounted SD card, camera works. So it looks like I am limited to the onboard memory only.
I started with cards of less than a Gig (32mg) no pics (wasted 2 months) moved to 8G cards (half of what is listed on the Pdf for acceptable cards), NO PICS, down graded to 2G cards (because I'm told that is all it will take), NO PICS. Only with the SD card removed, will it take pics. Go figure. I will just have to post it short times, and swap out often. I will also look for a second camera on Ebay or Craig's List. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am

and just think of all the cards you now have to use
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

DBogie59

Postby DBogie59 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm

My printer refuses to read the adapters but will read the cards just fine. Maybe your camera is finicky like my printer.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 am

Deer are curious animals. Almost any tatntalizing and unfamiliar scent will attract them. Vanilla and many other scents have long been known to attract deer. Just not mature bucks very often. As it is with those of us who have had to wear our pants a little higher on our bellies, we just aint so curious as we oncet wuz.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:30 pm

DBogie59 wrote:My printer refuses to read the adapters but will read the cards just fine. Maybe your camera is finicky like my printer.

I know this is off topic but check & see if there is a driver update for the printer.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 am

I've got an older (2005 model) Moultrie Game Spy with the same card problem. It takes great pictures on the internal memory but won't work at all with an SD card in it. I just set it out close to the house and take the laptop out to download pictures. It's a pain, but it beats trashing the camera.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am

Have you guys that can't get the cameras to work with the cards formatted the cards once in the cameras? I had a couple of old Moultrie-D cameras that wouldn't work until you installed the card you reset all events and selected the option to format the card. Try that and see if that helps.
69Viking

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm

69Viking wrote:Have you guys that can't get the cameras to work with the cards formatted the cards once in the cameras? I had a couple of old Moultrie-D cameras that wouldn't work until you installed the card you reset all events and selected the option to format the card. Try that and see if that helps.

The "paperwork" claims that to be unnecessary, but it also claims cards up to 16 gig are fine. I will give it a try, Nothing else has worked, and it can do no harm. Thanks . ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 pm

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Wildview. The news was not good. The card reader is damaged, and repair parts are no longer made. It is limited to the 16Meg of the internal memory only. It does have the capacity to use up to 16Gig cards, and the cards I have should have all worked. Being out of warranty, is not the only roadblock though. I am not the original owner, so they will not honor the exchange program either. I asked what possible justification they had for the exemption, being as it could have been a Christmas gift. They could not give me a reason, just a denial.
I informed them I would be looking for a new, replacement camera, but I would not be looking at their products in the future.

This test is on hold, until I can get another camera. :(

MN Deer Hunter

Postby MN Deer Hunter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm

From what I hear the best vanilla to use is actually the imitation stuff because of the alcohol in the real vanilla. Im am going out this weekend in northern MN, I will post results.

Previous

Return to General Discussions