Primos Buck Roar

BuckBuster007

RE: Primos Buck Roar

Postby BuckBuster007 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Used mine for the first time this week. I was sitting in the stand watching 2 small does and an older one when a small 6 point came in and started chasing the young does around. I watched as he chased them over a small draw and thought about my call. I pulled it out real quick and gave it a try. I was looking where they had went and happen to pick his head out looking my way from 70 yards. He turned to look for the does and I saw the does run up a hill away from him. I waited about two minutes and here come the six point back toward me looking around with his head high. I am guessing he had come back to see who was in the area grunting. I couldnt see me using another call to get his attention the distance he was without it sounding like a sick duck. Going to Ohio this week will see if it pulls in a monster (Fingers crossed)

paulie

Postby paulie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:50 am

I have had no noteable success with mine although, I did learn something new about it. This is the second season I've used this call, a couple weeks back, I was messin around with it(at home) and discovered, you can change the tone! If you seperate the sound tube from the body(the black part from the green),theres an o-ring that slides up or down the reed( I did not know this). You can go from mature buck grunts and growls, to doe grunts and bleats. I guess, I didnt read the instructions when I bought it(dumb a$$).

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Well I was all set to go out and buy a an H.S. Truth Talker Grunt caller, but now I'm seriously considering the Buck roar.  Has anyone used both of these calls and can make a fair comparison of both?

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Yes I have both with me every time out. The tru talker is nice for different tones without having to take it apart. The buck roar is a great grunt call all around and it sounds better when you really blow into it. I havnt got the tru talker out in a while. Also the rubber bands that you use to know where to put your fingers for different tones either fell off or broke shortly after I got it. If I had to pick one it would be the primos.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:37 pm

If I had to pick one it would be the primos.

Great!  Thanks Goose thats the feedback I wanted to hear.

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:34 pm

yeah i bought one to and i did the same thing to but it was while i was in the stand one evening so i trided some of the tones knowing what they were but some of the letters/abreviations like YD,EB
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:27 pm

After seeing this thing in action tonight i wish i would of got one, my buddy and i were set up somewhat close and a buck came in to his stand then walked over to mine, i told him if he could call it to his stand he could have it (via walkie talkie) since he saw him first. I had my bow ready in case he came to me more, but he hit his call a few times and the buck almost charged over there! It was awesome to watch! Something malfunctioned on his bow when he took the shot and the arrow took a weird path under the buck, i felt really bad for him :/ but i would def. recommend this call to anyone! i wanna get one now!!

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 am

Well, I waited and waited. I looked at several of the primos calls. I set my budget at 10.00 dollars for a new grunt call. Last night I was in Rural King and they had all their deer calls at 50% off and there was one Buck Roar left so I picked it up. I hope it brings in a nice one this upcoming season.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 am

How does it rate compared to the MAD Growler?
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

MAD Growler is nothing compared to this call imo Patriot, i have the MAD Growler and my buddy let me use his Primos Buck Roar one evening when he couldn't hunt, and i really wish i got the buck roar, even though i didn't see anything or call anything in with it that night, i love the way that call sounds, and a big plus is the buck roar actually called in a buck for my buddy, i watched the whole thing, it was sweet! If you are narrowing your purchase to these two, with my experience i go with the buck roar 110%!!!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

PreviousNext

Return to Calls