Bow Season Open

HiddenHornsRanch

Bow Season Open

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:40 am

Bow season open this weekend September 27 which is this Saturday! Anyone whose hunting Texas, send in your pics if you get any this weekend! Good luck!
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

psefirex

RE: Bow Season Open

Postby psefirex » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 am

yep, i'll be in the woods and hopefully, and god willing i'll have one hangin at the house, or mabey some bacon too

psefirex

Postby psefirex » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:26 am

well no deer for me this weekend, not a one. i didnt see one brown haired doe or buck. i think its still a little warm for them to really move durning the day. any one have any luck?

Buckmaster

Postby Buckmaster » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:40 am

Went hunting opening weekend of bow season in Jackson county (La Ward) and shot a 10 point at about 20 yards...Thought it was a good shot but we looked for 4 hours for the deer and never found him...That was on Sunday went back Tuesday and looked for about 3 more hours still no luck...The only thing I can figure out was I hit the deer alittle far back...We looked up and down the creek close to where we are hunting thinking he went to water (still no deer)...I'm hoping I find him in a few weeks when I go back...

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 am

I to went hunting last weekend, and saw the buck, an 18 in wide 10 pt, I was looking for, and watched grow for about 1 month, but he wouldnt get any closer than 50 yards, otherwise, does been moving around a little, but my opinion its way to hot in the afternoon, until later evening when the suns finally behind the trees, mornings are good, but Im thinking about relocating to a water source, and the only we have because the creek ran dry a while back already...had a nice 8 yesterday evening, massive and tall on one side, the other side didnt match up at all but he wasnt wide, I put him about 3 1/2...hope it gets better this weekend, good luck to everyone, and hope you find your 10 Buckmaster!
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

psefirex

Postby psefirex » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm

well anyone have much luck???  I've seen more deer outside the woods then in. Its been a bad year for myself, i havent been out much, and i still have that "ITCH".

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:19 pm

psefirex, I havnt had much of any luck either, I been hunting, but this month has been rough, between neighbors shooting the neighborhood to crap and basically all the older mature bucks have gone into hiding and are mostly nocturnal now, the other saturday one of them decided to run dogs hunting hogs right by my bowstand and so lucks not running to good, hopefully when rifle season opens saturday, it will change a little because we will be at our lease in llano. Good luck to yall!
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

Return to Texas