Maryland Buck Down

mhouck06

Maryland Buck Down

Postby mhouck06 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Killed my first Maryland buck on Monday. 6 point on the last night of our hunt. Started out as a disappointing trip. Lots more pressure than we had anticipated from dove hunters and other archery hunters, but we were able to adapt and move and I was able to smoke this guy.

Heading back down in oct to hopefully fill by two doe tags and go for a 2nd buck.
Had some nice ones on cam down there, so Im pretty excited about getting back down.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (23.21 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
Affiliated with Team Baahoo, Muddy Outdoors, HHA Sports, Brute Outdoors, Hips Archery Targets, Ramcat Broadheads, Stonycreek Whitetails, onXmaps

kellory

Re: Maryland Buck Down

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Congrats! :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

DEER30

Re: Maryland Buck Down

Postby DEER30 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:43 pm

congrats! Did you get back after them in November? I was up visiting family and hunting during the week of thanksgiving, and the rut was kickin'! During that one week, I saw over 200 deer, including 17 bucks! Each was chasing does. I saw 2 monsters (130 & 150) and I took 3 does and 2 bucks. One buck was a broken 10 pt that field dressed 210 lbs! I hope you enjoyed your MD hunt and continue having good luck.

Photos of deer taken can be seen at www.deer30outdoors.com/maryland-rut-spells-success/

Return to Maryland