Wisconsin 2012 Hunting Journal.

Jslotter

Re: Wisconsin 2012 Hunting Journal.

Postby Jslotter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Its a good idea to get out and take advantage of this cooler weather. I have Friday, Sat, and sunday to get and hunt. Hoping the wind is good on those days. Found a big fresh rub on a public area I hunted Sunday and a small scrape. There is a corn field on the parcel and hoping the farmer cuts it down maybe this or next week. I didn't see anyone out hunting the public in my area at all last weekend. Hopefully that will be the way it goes this weekend too.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

BIG 8

Postby BIG 8 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I can't wait to get out there again this weekend in this cooler weather thats coming up. It should get the deer moving. I'll be out there friday to sunday. I'm also taking a young hunter out for his first bow hunt this weekend so hopefully we'll have some success. The does better watch out ;) Good luck out there everyone. Hopefully we can get some more harvest pictures on here soon! Hunt safe
Addicted to hunting!!

WeekendWarrior

Postby WeekendWarrior » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Heading out to the public land tomorrow after classes. Looks to be a beautiful evening. Saw a big fat doe on Tuesday in the spot I'm going to again, so hopefully Ill get her to come in closer than 50 yards. Gonna bring some corn with me ;). That may do the trick.

Good luck to all for this late week and weekend. I'll be out again all weekend. Work hard, play harder. Ill be sure to get on here a few more times before next week, updating everyone on how I'm doing. I can only speak for myself, but I really love to read and hear about what you guys are seeing and doing. This journal is just so much fun!

Keep fighting!

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Sat tonight, kind of windy at first, but that calmed down, only to pick back up again before dusk.

Saw 7 deer tonight, 2 smaller bucks, (6 and an 8) as well as 3 does and 2 fawns.

No sightings of anything worthwhile on the trail camera.

Switched it over to video now for a while since I'm only picking up 20-30 pictures on one by a scrape.

Hopefully I'll have something to talk about soon. Thinking I'll probably sit tomorrow night if its not raining along with the weekend, but if its raining, you'll find me on my couch watching football.

Good luck to all.
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

A little bit of rain is in the forecast this weekend with cold temps. The weather guy says maybe some flurries and sleet for areas up north. Winds up to 25 MPH expected Saturday with temps in the 50's and some rain too. Not liking that too much, but we will see when Saturday gets here. Tomorrow afternoon I will be out. Hopefully some of us will get some kills this weekend.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 pm

I didn't get out to the woods today. Other plans took way too much time today. The sun just came out a little bit ago after a good line of rain came thru earlier today. Im gonna be crabby for rest of the night. Going out tomorrow for sure.

bouhntr

Postby bouhntr » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:53 pm

I will be going out in the morning. hopefully it won't rain to much. went out opening morning, sat till noon , saw 2 young bucks, a 6 and an 8. sunday afternoon I sat til dark and saw 2 yearlings out in the field. and had a yearling come in behind my stand, a few minutes later a doe came in and walked in the brush. I waited a couple minutes and turned over my can call a few times , and that doe came right down the trail making some calls of her own. probably calling for that yearling. went out weds. did not see any deer , but the turkeys started to roost near my stand, I'll tell you they sure are loud in the trees

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 am

Yesterday afternoon was a drag with the wind until about 6 I see a mature doe with two yearlings walking in the first row of corn. I set up on public land about 50 yards inside the woods along a trail running parallel with the field edge. About 5 minutes later a basket rack 8 point was beneath my tree stand. I don't know how he got there without making any noise, but he just appeared outta nowhere. I got video of him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cb-gIh ... ature=plcp . I let him walk. Im looking for bigger bucks this season. About 5 minutes after he wandered away, momma doe was on the edge of the field and she caught my scent stream. Directly downwind. But she doesn't spook out, she came right in and came 15 yards away. But, behind alot of prickly ash that seems to border the entire first 20 yards of the field edge there. There was one little clearing for a shot. She looked away, I drew back, then she walked into the shooting lane, I tried to stop her with a "blat", she freaked and ran about 50 yards, her fawns followed. They didn't spook too bad. They were walking away after 50 some yards. But, I was happy to get some action for the first time this season.

Rancid Sweeny

Postby Rancid Sweeny » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Here is the video from Sat. morning (sept 22). Now I need to work on the video for the bucks I saw tonight. Ive seen 9 bucks so far this season. I have not yet seen a doe. Saw a bear out in a field on the way to the woods Sat. night and it was then I realized the memory card for the camera was still in my mother's computer so while I didnt get a picture of the bear, it remined me to turn back for the memory card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9otclIRJg7k&feature=plcp
Formerly Retch Sweeny

Rancid Sweeny

Postby Rancid Sweeny » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Nephew #2 didn’t have to wait long after his brother scored to get his first bow buck at the age of 12. Last year he got a doe with his bow. He took the buck with a 100 grain Magnus 2 blade head.

Formerly Retch Sweeny

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin