park hunting

Tips and tricks for using this forum
jonny5buck

park hunting

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:08 am

[b]
Last edited by jonny5buck on Fri May 13, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EatDeer

RE: park hunting

Postby EatDeer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:18 am

ORIGINAL: jonny5buck

i live in west central illinois,i have hunted parks for a while,with some success,but was wondering if anyone else has run into the endless stream of idiot hunters i have.for instance,while hunting shabbona park 2 years ago i watched a guy w/bow walk the entire edge of a cut down cornfield at sunset,he ended up 5 yards from me!when i asked what was he thinking? he looked up 20ft in amazement! and walked away without saying a word. this is just one instant,one, i have had at least 20 run ins w/hunters in the parks walking around aimlessly with no idea what they are doing almost every park hunt.the most familiar was at silver springs park in yorkville ill., i had patterned a nice buck cutting across mid-day. i set up at 8;45am on aperfect elm tree 18ft up-14yds from his trail,1 hour later,a guy walking on the ground stops by a downed tree to my left about 25 yards away. i whistled &waved , im hunting here! he didnt move!hey buddy i cant move,i got 20ft of sticks &my portable locked on this tree.--nothing! hey guy what if a deer comes between you and me ,who gets the shot?? i never thought about that he replies. dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with hunting from the ground,but walking around a park aimlessly is interfering with other hunts PERIOD,--I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THESE TYPE OF ENCOUNTERS WHILE HUNTING PUBLIC PARKS?
Welcome to the Deer & Deer hunting forums jonney5buck , nice to meet you! Your more than welcome to post in the IL forum, or the general forum, you will get a better response to your posts there.  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

bigdeer

Postby bigdeer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes, I have on both. Public hunting lands just 2time that because I don't hunt on public land near me it is just too small. I found a lot of hunters on public land don't hunt that often or just don't pay attention to other hunter because of the size of public land. Bigger public lands are 2hr. from home. 1. I had them walk up on me 20 yards and shot at some thing 10 yard form me did not see what it was and did not care. 2. Walk up to 15 yards of stand just stood there did not move I hard his friends' coming it was a deer drive.
3. He walk up to stand and said hi then sat down 12 to 15yards with a bow then I had one walk up to me (with in 5ft.) look up at me them walk about 40yards and sit down in front of me (it was gun season, I was in orange)
Both would not move, so I just made a lot noise. If I can't get a deer way should they get one. The Ladder stands are there all year (not on public land)

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:06 am

like it or not they are allowed to be there.ya ever think maybe they are newbies and dont know any better?everyone has to learn somewhere sometime.while it stinks they messed up your hunts i doubt is was done on purpose.did ya try to educate these guys or just get PO'd at them?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:49 pm

ya your right, joel , i remember when i first started hunting and probably messed up a few hunts myself.I just hope those new guys ask the right people for advice, i have met aquite a few accomplished hunters who were more than willing to share ideas over the years.Most of who were very humble,good hearted,ethical hunters! This an awesome website, im proud to be a member,,--peace!!! 5buck---------------------

bigdeer

Postby bigdeer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:52 am

Not Commonsense[/b]

Never said they where not allowed. Newbie's must go to a safety course be fore they can go hunt. But for safety and commonsense, I know not to shot near someone or sit in front of someone newbie's or not, It is commonsense.
I like newbie's they have so much fun and I do take new hunters out we all should and yes everybody mess up a hunt and that fine. But to sit or shot near some one that way people get shot or killed. I don't get PO'd if they keep moving or stop and say hi because some time they move the deer but don't sit or shot near me and You would to get PO'd at them to if they did because that not safe.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:35 am

sorry Bigdeer that reply wasnt directed towards you .didnt mean to offend ya as for them sitting down i would explain to them "hunter courtesy" and ask them to move on
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

bigdeer

Postby bigdeer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 pm

[:D]That ok, but you should not have to explain it to them it should be commonsense. [8D]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 am

yeah well commonsense is in short supply in the world today[;)]

Return to Forum rules and help