Leverevolution ammo

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
paulie

RE: Leverevolution ammo

Postby paulie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I to agree with the Remington 'core-lokt'. When I rifle hunt, thats what I shoot and, they get the job done.

rifleman2008

RE: Leverevolution ammo

Postby rifleman2008 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:53 pm

I finally zeroed in my marlin 336C in 30-30 with the leverevolution.  4 shots through the same hole at 45 yards, exactly the same hole.  3 shots within 1 1/2" at 100 yards, dead center, no drop between distances.  To make a long story, relatively longer, I'm using a leupold VX1 scope with high rings and it seems to work perfect. The leverevolution ammo kicks a bit more than conventional 30-30 ammo, but in this situation its worth the trade off, by kick I mean that my lever even popped open a couple times when shooting, if I wasn't holding it tight. With conventional ammo, it never popped open.  Don't let this discourage you from using it, the energy that it delivers is safe to shoot and although I havent taken any game, it will be devestating on deer sized animals. I've been in the shooting game for a long time and this is really an advancement in ammunition, but to get the long range, you need to USE AN EXPENSIVE SCOPE.  When it comes to rifle scopes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.  Do yourselves a favor, for the money, buy a Leupold or Nikon scope, even the cheapest one they offer, it will make your lever gun ammo shine.  

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo