Rivers Edge Pack n Stack ladder stand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
4khorn

Rivers Edge Pack n Stack ladder stand

Postby 4khorn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 pm

I will be doing some public land hunting this fall and since you are not allowed to leave your stands in the woods I will need something I can carry in and set up, without breaking the bank. Funds are not quite there to be dropping 2 or 3 hundred on a climber. I did come across the Rivers Edge pack n stack ladder stand from Sportsmans Guide for 80 bucks. It has pretty good reviews and looks like it might satisfy my needs. Does anyone have any experience with with these?
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

bobow

Re: Rivers Edge Pack n Stack ladder stand

Postby bobow » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 pm

No experience but from the reviews it should be a good choice for the money.

The only question I have is, 13' high enough for where you want to hunt?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:24 pm

My climber cost me $40 at dick's. I don't know where you are shopping, but end of season sales work well for next year's hunt. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rocks281

Postby rocks281 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:54 am

I just got one of these last week. Nice and comfortable and light compared to other ladder stands. Packs nice and compactly and tightly so there's no rattle or loose parts. You will want better backpack straps other than the one included (this will be an upgrade for me sometime soon). By the time you have the ropes and the pins along with all your other gear it does get a little bulky and add to what you already have to carry in. Set-up was simple in the woods. I took it down in the dark and had it packed together in about 15 minutes, might get it to 12 or so with a little more practice and site preparation. I purchased it because the property I hunt has very few straight trees and most of the ones that are are too big for a climber. This gives me options. It's a trade off and we'll see. I'm happy with it so far, though I'm thinking it will be more of a semi-permanent stand especially as we get later in the season. As to the height, it could be an issue at some points I suppose, but I had a doe walk through at 25 yds. without a clue I was there.

Return to Tree Stands