Fishing

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: Fishing

Postby kellory » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 pm

That looked like a lot of fun, Sailfish. Thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I could get my little boat (14') out on the water, but I have nothing with a hitch right now. At least our bow opener is just around the corner. I'm itching to be doing. not waiting. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

HarrellJ

Postby HarrellJ » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 am

I go fishing for relaxation. Hunting is great when you want to let the steam off or need some adrenaline.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:45 am

Went out the morning to see if I could grab a couple grouper real quick
Had the perfect tide, timing etc.......it wasn't to be

Wind and big outgoing tide kept me behind the wheel 95% of the time, which left me little time to tend the rods (I was trolling).
:evil:

I guess its can tuna for lunch
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

Sorry that it took so long to respond after my Canada fishing trip on the Upper French River, but I was off on a second trip, then apparently I forgot my password and could not log on. My frustration was to the point that I just stopped trying to log on again. In any event, I'm back.
The Lodge, the food, the people and the area was great. Just drop dead beautiful. The weather and subsequently the fishing was terrible. Thank goodness for Crown Royal and good friends. We drove there for 10 hours in a pelting rain and drove home it pretty much the same kind of weather.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Fishing!!! Love it, got my kids into it as well. Nothing like catching a few good cats under the dam and waking up your fiance to show them off... holding them dangling at the foot of the bed...to help you know that your fiance really loves you, to tolerate it.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Jon H.

Postby Jon H. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm

I like to fly fish when I can AFTER deer season! But the reds and specks and fresh water fish or at it's best in the fall! In LA.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:46 am

Jon H. wrote:I like to fly fish when I can AFTER deer season! But the reds and specks and fresh water fish or at it's best in the fall! In LA.

I have always wanted to learn how to Fly Fish. I need to go to one of those classes the DNR hosts.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Previous

Return to Off Topic