Tink's

spottedwolf

Tink's

Postby spottedwolf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:47 pm

I have a bottle of Tink's from last deer season,I was just wondering if it would still be good to use?

hunter480

RE: Tink's

Postby hunter480 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:33 am

I would expect it would be ok......I`ve not used Tink`s for a long time. I don`t remember seeing any expiration date on the bottle though. Have you tried their web-site?

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

Don't know why it wouldn't be if the bottle has remained sealed all that time.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:08 am

Break it open, and taste it.  If it tastes bad then it is still good.  Good luck and make sure you brush your teeth before you kiss the wife.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 pm

[:'(]now that there is funny
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:19 am

How are the tinks products?

I recently used the number 2 I believe since my area wasn't even close to the rut yet. Sadly no deer  were around (my area anyways) so I couldn't quite give it a great review.

I did order #69 today, I have seen the half hour video Tinks puts out and I while I like how they layout the scent system, the most important things is......does it work as well as I have read????
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:22 pm

I have had the best luck with the Trail's End products to be honest, but i bought some tinks dominant buck lure this year and some scent bombs with it and i left em open for a night after hunting, (i normally close them when i leave the stand) but i was coming back in the morning so i left it open to see if it would attract anything, anyways lol, i left it open that night and by the time i was back in the morning it was knocked off the tree and smashed with (an angry buck???) im not sure, but it didnt just fall off because of a strong gust... so i think i might give some of that a try if you notice increased buck rutting activity, havent tried to #69 lure but i like the dominant buck stuff.

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 am

I use Tinks on the bottom of my boots to leave a scent trail. I have had decent luck with it. Saturday a small 7 pointer followed my trail in and I was able to take him. This is the FIRST deer we have seen on this chuck of property all year so I would give the Tinks an A+. Also to keep with the original post, it was a leftover bottle from 2007.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 am

I've used tinks on and off during the rut for the past couple season with little to no luck.

Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Theres a guy here who owns a hunting/fishing and gun smithing shop and he told me that as soon as it is open and exposed to air it starts to break down and become not as good over time

Next

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators