OHIO RUT REPORT

JHBB

RE: OHIO RUT REPORT

Postby JHBB » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:05 pm

I was out there all day today (11/1) and never saw a deer.  My dad saw 2 does and a buddy saw 1 small buck and a doe.  Doesn't seem like much rut activity is taking place in Lake county during the daylight yet.  We're going to try again tomorrow. 

ingramlx

Postby ingramlx » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:14 am

I am from NC and I hunt in Zanesville, OH. I am tring to decide what week would be best to go, any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Lee Ingram

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 am

ORIGINAL: ingramlx

I am from NC and I hunt in Zanesville, OH. I am tring to decide what week would be best to go, any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Things are a little slow right now, maybe the high temps or maybe it's the calm before the storm.  A cold front is coming in around thursday or friday. Daytime temps are going to be 20 degrees cooler.  Just guessing but I'd say this weekend (8th) through at least next weekend are going to be good.  Snow is forecast towards the end of next week.  I'm hoping to hit it hard all this week and next.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

well I was out all day seen a few does this morning nothing tonight I think the warm weather is to blame hope november 13 and 14 will be better

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:14 pm

ORIGINAL: ingramlx

I'm with OHhunter.  I plan on going out Thursday and hunting all weekend and next week as well.  Temps should be back to normal and the rut should be in full swing...

Good luck!
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

ingramlx

Postby ingramlx » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks for the info, I was going to head out around the middle of next week, but I think I leave this weekend. Let me know how things go for you.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:42 am

Just talked to my dad he had several bucks, I think four running a doe all around him this morning.  Had two get in a all out fight while the others were still in pursiut of the doe.   Activity came to holt as temps began to rise, he going back out this evening.  I went out to set up blind for me and my daughter to use this evening and saw several scrapes that had been recently freshend.  It's getting close, I really think the cool weather this weekend is going to put them over the top.
Brad

outdoorsfellar

Postby outdoorsfellar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I just came in at dark. I saw a total of 13 deer today. One 8 pointer was rattled in to my stand by another hunter nearby ( which he never saw it ...  or me ) this morning, but still, no mass to him. I didn't even wear a jacket on this evening's hunt. The smaller bucks are chasing does. My wife says she's been seeing a big buck watching does when she walks a local bike path after work.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 am

I'm still seeing alot of does and very few bucks, most movement has been in the am hours or very late in the evenings.  [:'(]Temps still in the upper and mid 70's[:'(].  I plan on sitting all day Friday through tuesday if the wind will stay consistant. 
Brad

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 pm

I seen 2 shotter bucks tonight driveing down the road well I almost ran them over and the good thing is they are both right around the conner from ware I hunt I know that don't meen anything. And I also seen 2 different bucks chasing does at work yesterday and then today makes it hard to be there seeing all the deer moving

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio