Why are all our emails out for all to see?

Tips and tricks for using this forum

kellory

Re: Why are all our emails out for all to see?

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't know what that list is, but I would guess it is not accurate. I don't appear to be on it. Lots of familiar names, but most are just a bit different from the way I remember them. It might even be a list of bad information..
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Maybe there's another page or more out there. Google whatever email address you use to find out. Might be just certain registration dates..or ?..so you may not find yours on it.

It's a deeranddeerhunting.com url..so it's from here. I don't like that it's out there for anyone to grab and spam with.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Oakarver wrote:Maybe there's another page or more out there. Google whatever email address you use to find out. Might be just certain registration dates..or ?..so you may not find yours on it.

It's a deeranddeerhunting.com url..so it's from here. I don't like that it's out there for anyone to grab and spam with.

I'm clean, no google hits. But I suggest, find your name in the list, and examine it closely. Is it exactly correct? Will a cut and paste job allow it to be googled, or does it look like a bad copy?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 am

isn't there an option to either allow your email to be public or not in your profile?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am

Yes..it's exactly correct. That's why it came up in a search.

By the end of the day that page better be down :evil:

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 am

Deebz wrote:isn't there an option to either allow your email to be public or not in your profile?

I see one that says something about allowing other members to email you. It still wouldn't make sense why there's a page for ANYbody and EVERYbody to see them.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 am

shoot ben an email and ask him what it's about...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm

We're tracking this down as I type this.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 pm

I see it's now down. Thanks Ben ;)

Return to Forum rules and help