Picture in Signature

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Bowriter

Picture in Signature

Postby Bowriter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 am

How do youpost a picture in the upper left corner in your signature? I will need to be walked through, step by step. I am a computer dummy.

kellory

Re: Picture in Signature

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Bowriter wrote:How do youpost a picture in the upper left corner in your signature? I will need to be walked through, step by step. I am a computer dummy.

The picture is called an avatar. If you go to your profile page, click on edit avatar, it will show directions.
Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB.
You can reduce the file size by changing the type of pic from one form to another. We had trouble with avatars about a year ago, so there are a few threads giving very clear directions as well. just put avatar in the search window.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Saw nothing to edit avatar. No big deal.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Bowriter wrote:Saw nothing to edit avatar. No big deal.

What image do you want to use?
Is this the image you want? It has been cropped, resized, and turned into a GIF, for smaller file. Just copy it and upload it as your avatar, if you wish. Or drop me the pic you want and I will see what I can do. ;)
DoubleJim016 (H).gif
DoubleJim016 (H).gif (5.45 KiB) Viewed 664 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I can see nothing on any page that even says avatar. If it is no trouble, just go ahead and upload that picture. If I ever get it figured out, I'll change it. Many thanks.

js

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Bowriter wrote:I can see nothing on any page that even says avatar. If it is no trouble, just go ahead and upload that picture. If I ever get it figured out, I'll change it. Many thanks.

js

I can not do it for you, it is under your control on your profile page..First, copy and paste this photo to your computer. then, at the top of the forum page, click on user control panel,
There are 6 heading below the words "user control panel" click on the header labeled "profile",
Far left side, third from the top says "edit avatar" click on edit avatar.
on screen will be a grey square on the right side of the page. Your avatar will end up there.
Below the grey square are the words "Choose file" (just like you post pics) click on choose file.
Find your copied avatar pic from your picture files, and select (double click)
That should be it, though it may ask you to confirm your selection. ;)

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Kellory-I understand and con do everything except copy and paste that picture to my computer. Might be easier if you told me how to resize pics and I can do it myself. Odd I have never done that. Sorry to be so much trouble.

js

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Bowriter... if you are running windows, you should be able to right click on the pic in the thread and choose Save picture as from the menu that shows up... save it to your hard drive, then upload it.

no clue how to use a Mac if that's your preference
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Not a bother, so don't worry about it. First question would be what computer operating system are you using? windows? Which version? vista? windows 7? 2000? Once we know where you are starting from, answers make more sense. As for coping the resized pic, you should be able to simply right click on the photo, then "copy image". Then go to your pictures, and paste it there. ;)

Next

Return to General Discussions