dream buck

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
luvhuntin

dream buck

Postby luvhuntin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Deebz

you jogged my memory. I have always wanted to post this video for all to see and comment on. hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvBtQvpC ... e=youtu.be

Deebz

Re: dream buck

Postby Deebz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 am

wow... that is a huge buck... hopefully he surprises you and walks by your stand this season...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am

There has finally been a weather shift that has brought some cold fronts through, I`ve had 2 cameras running in field scan mode for ten days now hopefully we`ll get a glimpse of him. This deer has one small food plot on the neighbors place other than that it`s just a deer raised by the grace of god and farmers ag fields.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Beautiful buck 8-)

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I really love trail cam video. I never get tired of watching that one. the side profile is impressive but when he looks at the camera you just do not expect him to be that tall and wide. I think i actually
have a video of him after he shed last year poor guy looks like he was neutered lol:

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:23 am

yeah, the trail cam vids are really awesome.... I had 172 videos over a 9 day period. about 125 or so of them were nothing but the wind blowing the weeds and limbs around, quite a few were birds flying around, but there were quite a few really awesome vids. I have a doe coming up and licking the camera, I even got one video where the wind is blowing really hard, and about halfway through a big doe comes through on a dead run, 2 leaps and she's gone... it was pretty cool. It really gets me pumped to spend more time in the stand.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 am

Wow what a great surprise i had pulling cards yesterday. I was very curious if the rack this guy had last year was just from breaking his g 3 off or genetic, i never expected to find out. but this year it appears he is just lame on that side and wo`nt ever grow much more. just glad to see him, boy would I love to know how old he really is. Looks like he added some mass & he`d score pretty good
for a 9 pointer lol.

i changed some settings on the bushnell camera hopefully i wo`nt be so disappointed in the next set of pics. I do not like B&W photos already.
Attachments
cemetery buck 2.jpg
cemetery buck 2.jpg (649.54 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
cemetery buck.jpg
cemetery buck.jpg (433.2 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:17 pm

That is a brute. Looks to me like it's been cracked/broken off. Are you sure you didn't take a shot at it? :lol:

BIG 8

Postby BIG 8 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:59 pm

What a GIANT!! Awesome buck!!
Addicted to hunting!!

Return to Photo Corner