OHIO RUT REPORT

ingramlx

RE: OHIO RUT REPORT

Postby ingramlx » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:58 am

I was looking at the weather on the net, and seems like they have taken snow out of the forecast, have you heard different? I am heading out Friday morning, hope the weather is right.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:30 am

No more snow in the forecast, still going to be cooler with a chance of light rain.  If it cools down, I don't care if rains, snows or gets windy it has to be better.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Goin out as well.  Seeing scrapes, no chasing yet, and no rubs.  Good luck to you all, Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:19 am

Just came in for lunch, and to get some dry clothes.  I got soaked out there this morning.  Deer were moving all morning until the rain came.  saw several bucks,  One was pretty decent I'm pretty sure he was a 2.5 year old.  I hope I don't regret it later. Didn't see any chasing but the bucks were moving with a purpose from bedding area to bedding area. 
Brad

Hoser

Postby Hoser » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:33 am

This Colder weather will help, Im up in Auglaize Co, been seeing an increase in activity, while at home last night about 11:24, I heard the sheriff get dispatched to a home in the country, ref to a disturbance in the back yard. A few minutes later a deputy reported that there were 2 large bucks fighting in the rear yard, the deputy went to the residence and the property owner was very happy at that point. Recorded on ScanAmerica.us Auglaize Co Archive. 11-6-08  Have a Good Hunt.

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 am

we out today and sat all day seen 1 buck about 8:30am and nothing the rest of the day

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:23 am

Just come in for lunch, wind shifted and gave me a good reason to switch stands and take a break.  Bucks are on the move, I've seen 18 since friday  saw several 2.5 year olds pushing does around and 1.5 year olds are everywhere.  I've only seen one 3.5+ he had his nose glued to the ground and on a mission.  This by far has been the most action I've seen in consecutive days.  Got to go. Good Luck.
Brad

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 pm

first let me say you are lucky to be able to get out during the week but I seen about 9 does tonight going to the shop and almost hit 4 bucks 2 bucks were running across the road to get the doe on the other side

snbtaxidermy

Postby snbtaxidermy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:45 pm

I Live in pickaway and the bucks are going nutts!!!! I had 3 days off last week wed,thurs, and friday. And every day I had bucks around me. I missed a Nice 130's 8 point thursday that came to a gunt. Just flat out missed judged yardage!  And friday I woke up late and I didnt want to spooke any getting to my stand. So I hunted a cut bean field. And sat on a fallen tree on our fence row. I had my decoy out about 20 yards no sooner then I sat down I look across the field and a deer just came across the road. So I stated to tickel my rattlers together and next thing I know hes on a dead run! soon as he got close to see the rack on the decoy her stopped right into his tracks. and took off! He wanted nothing to to with that scrare face decoy. But if you was him and only had 4 inch spikes you would have ran too. LOL. After that not much was happing Intill about 5 min till  8 I heard some crashing on the other side of the railroad tracks next thing I know a doe flys over then behind he the monster came right on her tail. She must have seen my decoy casue she ran right too it slowing down then she bolted once she got close enough to see it was a buck. she jumped Just about 15 yards beside me over the fence. And here he comes I knew the only shot I would have would be when he was getting to the fence. I whistled at him and he stopped just for a sec and I let the arrow fly. Just as the darn arrow left my arrow rest he started to jump. SMACK! It ened up hitting him right in the gutts!.
 I knew it was a bad shot but htere was blood every where it was pumping out as he went after that doe. I waited a hour to trail him. I knew it was suposed to rain. But as much blood that was on the ground he couldnt have been far. But I hot about 400-500 yards and no deer just little drops. He went into a oldl woods that was clear cut and now its all thickets. You can even see 10 foot in frot of you.  The here came the rain and there when my buck. We looked the past 2 days and found nothing. The 2 blade rage is still in him with about 4 inches on my arrow. I know he is dead in there somewhere. For the 2 min I say him he looked atleast a 170-180 class buck Massiive spread and height.
But enough with my said story! All I got to say is there chasing like crazy here in pickaway!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:15 am

Starting to see some bigger bucks on thier feet, went out yesterday afternoon and saw 6 more bucks, a couple dandies.  They were in a thicket to my right,  about 40yds.  Wouldn't respond to calls I'm sure there was a doe in there somewhere.  I might be able to make it out tommorrow evening if not thursday morning for sure.  Good luck.
Brad

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio