Shooting to many Doe's ??

gunther89

RE: Shooting to many Doe's ??

Postby gunther89 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Also maybe the long winter we had last year killed off many of the does.  I've heard that there aren't suppose to be as many 1.5 year old bucks because the winter was hard on the nubbin bucks but maybe it was hard on the does as well.  Just a thought.

hansonca

Postby hansonca » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:56 pm

We are in earn-a-buck for the first year here in the Crawford county area. So i guess we aren't shooting enough does. In the 250 acres i hunt we shoot about one doe a year and the nieghbors maybe not even that. But only a little over half of my trail pics are of doe so i don't know what is going on there. Also my dad you boys hunts every weekend had to pass on a few bucks because he needs a doe and he hasn't seen one in over a month. 

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:50 pm

I hunt in the bluffs of Sauk Co. and our hunting party has noticed a slow decrease in the number of deer observed.  We still seam to average 6 (4 does usaully) or so deer a year but thats mainly because were forced to shoot what we see to fill the freezer.  I think the combination of EAB and last years harsh winter took its toll from what I've been seeing bowhunting so far this year. 

tageater

Postby tageater » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

If you want to see deer, stop shooting does now. We don't even see bucks anymore in 63b. I'm pretty sure most bucks are born from does which have been eradicated per the dnr's wishes. Hunters here ran away with the QDM / EAB thing and now are trigger happy at squirels. 

Previous

Return to Wisconsin