Wisconsin 2012 Hunting Journal.

Gafrage

Re: Wisconsin 2012 Hunting Journal.

Postby Gafrage » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Hunted the evening Friday night, had 3 mature bucks moving from 5:40 - 6:30, including the one of the picture above...got to within 60 yards, but not closer at all...

Hunted Saturday morning, saw 2 does, and 2 fawns, they got spooked by turkeys running through the woods and the does never gave me a shot although they were within 20 yards...

Sat this evening, neighbors decided they wanted to sight in their guns, for 2+ hours...only fawns and 1 doe decided to move during daylight hours.

On a side note, got pictures of 8 different bucks since Friday night including the buck pictured below...

ninepoint.jpg
New nine point
ninepoint.jpg (63.29 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

bouhntr

Postby bouhntr » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 pm

went out friday afternoon with nothing to show, went out this morning, sat from sun up till 10 am with no deer in sight, decided to go up by mauston this afternoon and saw close to 20 turkey's and only one yearling, checked my trail cams and only had a few deer on them with only 1 good looking buck, it has been pretty quiet for me lately, hopfully it's going to pick up soon,

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am

unclebuck wrote:I hope so slotter. I've been out six times now and havent seen ANYTHING. I've been making up excuses in my head. The "October lull", the corn field behind my stand isnt cut yet, so the deer spend all thier time in there, crappy weather...and so on. I've had a few differant good size bucks on my trail cam, so I'm not giving up hope yet. This is my first year bow hunting, so I hope the rut is all that its cracked up to be.

You will be amazed. Trust me. ;)
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

fullrut

Postby fullrut » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 am

TIME TO BUCKLE DOWN !!
27TH - 11TH !!
EVERY DAY * ALL DAY !!!!!!

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:14 pm

weather channel shows a big cooldown coming on friday(from upper 60's/low 70's) to upper 30's/low 40's friday,saturday,sunday,monday and tuesday........that should get the bucks moving,so good luck to anyone that still has a buck tag

bouhntr

Postby bouhntr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

a friend of mine went hunting this morning. monday 22nd in columbia county, said he saw more deer than he could count, bucks chasing does, bucks chasing bucks, making scrapes , grunting . he said it was 1 of his best days out. we all better get out there, thay are getting it going

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 pm

This weekend is looking to be a good weekend to be in the woods. Especially Friday. Cold front is moving thru Minnesota right now bringing the temps way down and even a chance of light snow for western and NW Wisconsin. On top of that, a full moon is expected in the next day or two. Unfortunately I will be working Friday most of the day which is the day I really wanna be out in the woods. Saturday and Sunday and a 4 day weekend next week. I been waiting for this moment all year.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 am

For the past 7 years of trail camera history, bucks - albeit little ones - start to show up on the turnips and have increased movements starting around the 19th. We've seen the most bucks on their feet in the daylight hours around Halloween. This year is starting out the same as we're seeing the smaller boys start to cruise the food plots at night on camera, already last weekend.

My son and I have taken Fri-Mon off to hunt this weekend and with this cold front sliding in, we are looking for some hot action. Next weekend is a 3-day weekend as this will probably be the best two weekends for constant movement.

A sammich and a cup of hot chocolate back at the trailer, other than that sitting on the stand pretty full time this weekend. I sure hope the rut begins to pop Friday.

Good luck to all !!!
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

bouhntr

Postby bouhntr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 pm

going friday morning for a few hours then I have to go out of town for the weekend, but I'll be home sunday for the afternoon hunt. back to work monday then off for the rest of the week and through november, should be some good hunting, good luck everyone and be safe.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:59 am

Sat last night, saw several does, fawns and 3 bucks biggest being a 2.5 year old 8 point.

The 8 point was pushing around does pretty hard last night. He ended up sparring with both little guys for a short period and then continued on his way pestering the does.

13 deer saw in total.

Sitting tonight, tomorrow and sunday, hopefully some success to post sooner than later.
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin