I finally got to take a deer with the rage 3's lastnight. The deer was @ 12yds and slightly quartering away.
The rage entered right behind the shoulder and exited through the rear part of the far shoulder. It was not a pass through but the arrow broke off with about 15in of arrow still connected to the business end so the rage made its way clean through the deer.
Upon inspecting the sight of the shot i found half the arrow with the rage attached. only one blade was fully opened when i picked it up but thought that maybe when it fell out 2 of the blades closed some.
Today i butchered the deer and upon inspection of the entry/exit wounds i found that only one blade had fully deployed as it was clear that one blade was over double the cut as the other 2. The other 2 may have opened maybe 1/4 of what they should. almost still locked in place. The one blade that did deploy fully was the only one that connected with bone on the entry.
I'm very dissapointed with the performance. Yes it did kill the quickly after about 125yd run but if im paying 40 bucks for 3 heads they had better deploy correctly.
Here is a picture of what the head looked like after and you can clearly see that only one blade actually deployed.[8|]