Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Woods Walker

Re: Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 am

WOW! I thought I was bad! My body is also on a "timer", that starts when I get up and needs to be running for at least 45 minutes before the action starts, so I have to get up WAAAY early like you do, only I don't have to do the polar bear club routine like you do.

My best friend/hunting buddy can literally get up, dress, have one cup of coffee, hit the can and then be off and gone. He does this in TWENTY MINUTES!!!! ' Because of this he grouses at me constantly about me having to "Get up before I go to frickin' bed!!!"
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

cm1al

Postby cm1al » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 pm

this tread made me laugh, but brought up some interesting points, the older you get the more cantankerous our bodies get!
I was out turkey hunting this month and got as far from the house as my land allows and got a bad case of cramps, no way to make it to the house, no tp , so I found some good sized dry leaves and did my business , needless to say the turkey all left the woods didn't hear or see any the rst of the day. Also now carry tp in my cargo pockett.
Seabees best branch of the military
USNR (Ret)

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 am

".........so I found some good sized dry leaves and did my busines..."

The above is an excellent example of why hunters (or anyone else who spends a lot of time in the woods) need to have an good understanding of, and be able to identify the plants that grow in their area. Apart from the obvious benefit of knowing which plants deer will eat and when/why, I would think that knowing which leaves are best for use after a "big potty" would seal the deal!

ONE TIME of using something like stinging nettle or Lord forbid POISON IVY would make even the most unconcerned a lifelong student of botony!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Previous

Return to Best Practices