Older Rifle/Optics question

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
vt_archer

Older Rifle/Optics question

Postby vt_archer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am

Alrighty..

Recently picked up a Remington 600 (non-Mohawk) from the local gun guys here in town; after finding out about the trigger recall (and having the rifle dry fire after taking it off safe and touching the bolt handle) I sent it back to Remington to have the trigger/safey recall done.

In order to do so, however, I had to remove the scope. The scope itself is an older Weaver V4.5 with a T-reticle, which is actually pretty neat. However, the mounts themselves have me puzzled.

There are two round posts that the rings mount on to, and are then tightened with two screws on either side of the post. When I took the scope off, I was unable to get the rings back on the posts with out sliding one of them out a tad bit. Now they are back on, but having never seen this type of setup before (I assume it has been on the rifle since before I was born) I have no idea if I have mounted the thing correctly or not.

So, basically asking if anyone is familiar with this type of optical setup and how to get it at least mounted correctly before I start throwing rounds down range to get it zeroed.

Any and all help is appreciated!

shaman

Re: Older Rifle/Optics question

Postby shaman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 am

As Clint said, " A man's got to know his limitations."

I've never run into this sort of thing, and my guess is it'll be Spring before anyone who has sees this post.

My advice is to take what you've just posted and put it up in the 24hourcampfire.com forum for gunsmiths. You'll probably get an immediate response. They're good people up there. Tell them the shaman sent you.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

vt_archer

Re: Older Rifle/Optics question

Postby vt_archer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks.. kind of figured that might be the case and went with thehighroad.org and got an answer within a few minutes.

I will definitely add 24hourcampfire.com to my list of "things that go bang" forums...

and, just in case anybody is wondering....

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/9846703/o ... cope-mount

Thanks again, and stay safe out there.

Return to Guns and Ammo