Teenagers caught poaching deer in Chippewa County.

Jslotter

Teenagers caught poaching deer in Chippewa County.

Postby Jslotter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Chippewa County (WQOW) - Four area teens have been picked up for illegally killing deer, apparently for the thrill of it.

Acting on a tip, wardens were looking for boys from Bloomer suspected of shining deer at night, shooting them, and leaving the deer in the woods. The DNR says four Bloomer High School students were picked up Friday night while shining deer. They had a rifle and a bow with them.

Wardens say the boys admitted killing six deer over the past two weeks, including an eight-point buck. They allegedly cut the head off that animal for its rack and left the rest of the deer where it fell.

The boys, who range in age from 14 to 17, face possible criminal charges. That's up to the Chippewa County DA. Wardens say there may be others involved as well. Anyone with information is asked to call the DNR tipline at 1-800-TIP-WDNR.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Oakarver

Re: Teenagers caught poaching deer in Chippewa County.

Postby Oakarver » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 pm

SOMETHING better happen to them.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm not going to hold my breath. The DA will more than likely plea them all down to just fines without much anything else.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Thrill killing ANY kind of animal is uncalled for. I hope an example is made out of these kids.

deerbeans

Postby deerbeans » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am

Dan Salmon wrote:I'm not going to hold my breath. The DA will more than likely plea them all down to just fines without much anything else.

I know the DA...Not likely to go well for them.

Deerbeans

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm

deerbeans wrote:
Dan Salmon wrote:I'm not going to hold my breath. The DA will more than likely plea them all down to just fines without much anything else.

I know the DA...Not likely to go well for them.

Deerbeans

Good. It's pretty rare for anyone in those types of positions to have any stones anymore. Political aspirations and all, most things just seem to get swept under rugs for others to deal with.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 pm

They are gun hunters no doubt.

3......................2..............................1 :lol:

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:27 am

I'd posit that they aren't hunters at all. They are merely killers.

...and did you miss the part where they had a bow with them as well as a rifle??
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

deerbeans

Postby deerbeans » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Retch Crabtree wrote:They are gun hunters no doubt.

3......................2..............................1 :lol:

Retch,

I normally avoid forum mud wrestling, but this question is nagging me to ask.

Do you have to work at asinine posts like this, or do they just come naturally? :?

Deerbeans

BIG 8

Postby BIG 8 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm

First of all, I hate hearing about people that shoot poach deer. I don't get it at all. I don't understand why someone would shoot deer or any animal for that matter and do nothing with them. It's sad to see and hear about this type of activity.

Second of all, I would like to talk to Retch Crabtree. If you haven't noticed yet this forum is on Deer and Deer Hunting and nowhere in there does it say "bowhunting". Yes a lot of us on here are in fact bowhunters and most would probably argee with me that bowhunting is a great way to hunt. However, when the rifle season starts most of us trade in the bow for our trusty deer rifle. I don't know what beef you have on rifle hunters but theres no reason for you to keep poking blame at rifle hunters or talk bad about us. WE are hunters and if someone is hunting deer LEGALLY theres no reason to blame them for anything. We are fighting to keep our hunting rights year after year, and hunters shouldn't fight other hunters over how they hunt, if it's legal. So please keep your "blame rifle hunters" comments to yourself because it's not helping the hunting tradition WE all love.
Addicted to hunting!!

Next

Return to Wisconsin