When are you ready??

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
DeerCamp

RE: When are you ready??

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:03 pm

If Im hunting close to home, Ill have everything done about 3-4 months before the season starts. Lanes will be cut after the season ends. Stand will be hunt and just a short trim job will be needed. For stand farther away I will usally have to wait till a week or two before season. (EXE: My Escanaba hunt this year.) With gas over 4.00 I could not make it there in the early summer. But hey I still saw deer each day so I was more than happy. Ill put the trail cams out in May to try and get a good look at the deer 5 months before season.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

deerhunter125

Postby deerhunter125 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 pm

for me i am usually hanging stands during the season cause i am moving them around. This year i hung one the begining of october and hunted it twice and let it sit until monday. That night i had one deer come right under my stand then tuesday i had 2 three yards in front of me and then i shot a nine that was 10 yards at the closest point and 30 when i finally got a shot.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 pm

I usually hang my stands in the end of March, or early April.  When I'm scouting for Turkey's, as well as shed hunting.  I let them hang all year long until the 1st of Jan.  So they are pretty much only out of the woods from Jan to April 1st at the latest.

cannycorn2000

Postby cannycorn2000 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:11 am

We have to clean our tent every year so we move everything then.

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements