M.A.D. Buck Growl

Demoderby4

M.A.D. Buck Growl

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 am

I bought this call a couple months back for this season and realy haven't had much luck yet. I know the "Growl" is designed for the rut, but i will still use it for grunts and stuff like that on occasion, haven't had any luck though. Just wondering if you guys have used this call and have had any experience with it? I'm really hoping it works better during the rut!

gunther89

RE: M.A.D. Buck Growl

Postby gunther89 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 am

I also bought the call.  Bought it last year and didn't really use it that much.  Did however call a buck in, was walking to my stand and kicked up a buck.  As soon as he starting running I grunted at him with the call and about 20 minutes later he came walking back right to where he was bedded and looked around as to what where the other buck was.  Other then that I haven't had much success with it but this is my first year of bow hunting the rut so i'll let you know how it works.

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 am

I've had luck with it while grunting. I never had any luck with growling. I just switched to a true talker. I like it better.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

Powell1120

Postby Powell1120 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

I see this is an old post but oh well. I bought the buck growl just before the 2008 season. I didn't really use it until the rut had set in pretty good. The first morning that I used it in the pre dawn darkness i could barely make out a small buck chasing a doe out in a small pasture that I was hunting over. I decided that I would try the growl right at legal hours. In less than 3 minutes I had 5 small 1 1/2 yr old bucks and what looked to be about 3 1/2 yr old or better buck. I am still learning to age on the hoof, It was definately one of the best built deer I have ever seen as far as sheer size goes. It was pretty amazing how well it worked that morning. I have since got the attention of a few bucks with it just grunting, I have also seemingly scared some smaller deer off, I am thinking that was because of how deep of a tone the call can be. I still carry it with me but would not be opposed to finding a new tube for just grunting.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 pm

I agree with Powell--I've had it several years and it seems to either work like a charm or be a dud. I do like the grunting to it, but i'm still not sure i'm sold on the growling. The Drury boys had some great footage of bucks growling on the mini DVD that came with it, however i've not had those experiences.

beaverman05

Re: M.A.D. Buck Growl

Postby beaverman05 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:24 am

Ive called in a nice 8

I used the call in addition to rattling and dominate buck buck bomb... As soon as i finished rattling I gave a big growl out and not 10 minutes later this 8 pointer came to about 10 yards away... I would have some great pictures of this buck for all of you buck he jump the string by about 2 feer and my arrow went right over him... acturally i took some fur off his back... oh well thats hunting but ill use the growl again!!!

Return to Calls