DECOYS!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Big Buck Daddy

RE: DECOYS!

Postby Big Buck Daddy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 am

I havn't used a decoy yet either.  I've got the perfect area and hope to use one this year.  I good friend of mine is in the taxidermy business and he's got a line on a feather lite decoy body that he can put a cheap hide on (real deer hide? HMMMM?).  The body is hollow, making it real lite to carry and allows the head to be stored inside.  Once at the spot, a plastic rod swivels the body as the wind blows.  He hasn't tried making any yet so he hasn't gotten me a price. 

My 3-D target gets plenty of abuse this time of year in the back yard, too bad my little town won't let me whack-em when they come in for the fight.  I'm always picking him up off the ground come morning.  I should set a camera by him to see what kicks his butt each night!!!!!
You can do anything you want, but you'll eventually have to answer to THE MAN for it!

sfd546

RE: DECOYS!

Postby sfd546 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

This is the first year i've used a decoy. I used my 3d target. Both times i've had deer come right up to it. ( post: WHAT TO DO?) The key is to use the right decoy; buck or doe at the right time, and most importantly... keep the decoy as scent free as possible!! Both times worked very well with calling

Previous

Return to General Discussions