Hunting Camps In Wisconsin

hot tamale

Re: Hunting Camps In Wisconsin

Postby hot tamale » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Yes a doctor can refuse anything they want to. I talked to a lawyer already.
Since my condition does not make my request a medically necessary procedure, They can deny it.
I am just asking for the paper stating I have the disease but since the doctor has to fill out part of the form, they can deny this part.
I am thinking of going to a chiropractor close to me and getting one of them to sign off on it.
I dont want a special season or to hunt from my vehicle, i just need a weapon (crossbow) that i can put on some type of rest (shooting stick/rail).
you would think this would be easy enough but it's like pulling teeth.

and as far as gun slobs, I dont see them as slobs, they just have it a little easier. Think of it this way--be glad there are not more bow hunters out there or the romance would have a lot of people in the woods wrecking stuff for you guys.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 pm

hot tamale wrote:Yes a doctor can refuse anything they want to. I talked to a lawyer already.
Since my condition does not make my request a medically necessary procedure, They can deny it.
I am just asking for the paper stating I have the disease but since the doctor has to fill out part of the form, they can deny this part.
I am thinking of going to a chiropractor close to me and getting one of them to sign off on it.
I dont want a special season or to hunt from my vehicle, i just need a weapon (crossbow) that i can put on some type of rest (shooting stick/rail).
you would think this would be easy enough but it's like pulling teeth.

and as far as gun slobs, I dont see them as slobs, they just have it a little easier. Think of it this way--be glad there are not more bow hunters out there or the romance would have a lot of people in the woods wrecking stuff for you guys.

I don't think Dan Salmon was directing toward you Tamale.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:Yup, F the gun hunting slobs.

Your prettty harsh on the orange 9 dayers. Next year it will be better for the bowhunters as the ornge 9 dayer season doesnt open up until the 23rd of Nov. This year it just happens to open on the 17th screwing up the rut and the good bowhunting.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Glad to see we could do that for you this year.

Now we just need to find a Senator or Assemblyman or two and work on next year.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 am

After the successful WI election WI has a Repub Governor, and Repub Senate and Assembly so odds of such a thing are good. The repubs picked up a few seats in the assembly and took back the Senate so hunting issues will certainly get more attention.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am

@Tamale:

My wife has has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, more commonly known as Brittle Bone Disease. She had to get the paperwork filled out as well to get her crossbow permit. She had the nurse practicioner at the local clinic fill it out. As long as whoever it is that signs off is a certified medical person who could give you medecine, it should be ok for the paperwork. Surely there's someone out there who will sign off for you.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

deerbeans

Postby deerbeans » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 am

Couple of real elitist bow hunting snobs preceding this post. I guess getting a 60 some day season before firearms season, including
the Rut, plus the late season isn't enough. :roll:

Anyway, we have a long "Deer Camp" tradition. My family has owned land in Shawano County for almost 100 years. My grandparents logged
the land for the Hatley Lumber company, in the 1920s, and then bought the logged land. They cleared it for hard scrabble farms, and raised
their families there, rather than continue to raise them in the logging camps(Grandmother was a cook, and Grandfather was the butcher by
morning, and on a saw team in the afternoon). My father(RIP), told numerous stories about subsistence hunting in the 30's and 40's, but the
opening day of deer hunting was special to them even back then. Today two grandsons, and four great grandsons, meet here, swap
stories, and pace with anticipation for opening day.

Oh, we shoot a few deer, too.

For those that don't have a "deer camp" tradition, now is a good time to work on one. It is worth the work. For those that do,
enjoy and cherish it...

Deerbeans

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm

That looks like a fine place. Thanks for sharing deerbeans
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin