Mechanical Broadhead fail

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
croz2173

Re: Mechanical Broadhead fail

Postby croz2173 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:34 am

What do you mean it didnt fit through your shooting lane? Were you trying to shoot through a straw?

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:36 am

Yeah, I'd like to see luv explain that a little more also. This difference in diameter between a filedpoint (which is what an unopened mechanical head is) and a 1 1/4" fixed blade is roughly slightly over an inch, so he was trying to shoot through a space at a deer that was LESS THAN an inch??? What about the feltchings?? If you account for the diameter of the fletchings then the difference is even less than an inch...much less.

Or are we misinterperating this?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 am

I had a picture of the limb i hit but dang if i can find it.

It was a new growth limb guys maybe 3/16 in dia with a perfectly clean square cut end rather long that had bent over straining for sunlight during the summer. all i can tell you is my aim point and my sight alignment were so close to missing that limb (that i never saw in the first place) I believe If i had a mechanical broadhead that would not have happened does`nt mean the fletching would have made it by and it still would have been a miss i`d rather not have any part of an arrow hit anything during a shot but i`d take the fletching hitting something rather than the broadhead.
AWWW who am i kidding, I CHOKED :oops: . shooting at the deer on the left. but blaming the broadhead hurts less. & i really did hit the limb.
Attachments
inventory pic.jpg
inventory pic.jpg (374.92 KiB) Viewed 228 times

Previous

Return to General Discussions