Confirmed Cougar sighting in Illinois

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
charlie 01

Re: Confirmed Cougar sighting in Illinois

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Woods Walker wrote:This bar I used to frequent many years ago was FULL of cougars. Dangerous too!

It looks like you servived those encounters,WW.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Woods Walker wrote:
Jslotter wrote:When I saw the title of this post, I was hoping to see a pic of Sarah Palin hanging out in chicago or somethin. :D

Now THAT'S a woman!!!!!!
41999285.jpg

This pic appeals to me on so many different levels.....she hunts, she butchers and eats her own game, and she INVOLVES HER KIDS IN IT!

Could that be considered a cougar kill?

I agree WW, but you know it's how you are brought up in this world. When I used to hunt with our family on my grand parents farm in Mich. getting some deer for meat ment that you didn't have to butcher some of your own live stock.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 am

Deebz wrote:the IL DNR actually confirms that it is a cougar/mt lion/whatever you want to call it.

I've never been clear on this question: If this cat walks past my treestand, can I shoot it?

No...Unless it attacks you.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am

Guess I'll have survived a cougar attack if I ever see one...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:51 am

Deebz wrote:Guess I'll have survived a cougar attack if I ever see one...

:lol:

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Deebz wrote:the IL DNR actually confirms that it is a cougar/mt lion/whatever you want to call it.

I've never been clear on this question: If this cat walks past my treestand, can I shoot it?

Some of the western states I have been to abide by SSS

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up.

Not sure what my position on that would be, but its a pretty popular saying out there.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 am

mhouck06 wrote:

Some of the western states I have been to abide by SSS

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up.

Not sure what my position on that would be, but its a pretty popular saying out there.

So, they would just kill it for the heck of it? Sounds kinda sick doesnt it?

Jon H.

Postby Jon H. » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 am

Welcome to our world! Our WLF says, we have very few of them. like one every 200 miles! That cat must get around, because we see them and hear them all the time. We think they brought them in to control the hog problem! But they deny it!

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 am

I would not kill a cougar "for the heck of it"... I would kill a cougar for the same reason they disappeared from many of the states in the past. I don't want to be out hunting and have to deal with myself or my wife coming face to face with one on his terms. Not to mention the impact that a breeding population would have on the deer herds...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I think that was the idea of the their saying.., These people have tons of problems with the cats. Most of the people I talked to were ranchers. That is their living,,, I can see their point of view.. Its not killing for the heck of it. They also seem to have a good deal of human encounters. kids and adults. I dont have kids, but I would be worried if I lived there and I did have kids. I know I would love to hunt one.., The butcher I took my deer to, hunts them with a bow.. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic