Orange 9 Dayers

Sierra

Re: Orange 9 Dayers

Postby Sierra » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I guess I am one of those gun hunters that are out hunting the only season they get this year. 4 days for me. I'll try not to spill my beer and spook anything. :cry:
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Don't mind Retch....He's the resident Troll from the Troll Bridge. He is a good hunter, and a skilled craftsman, but is a bit of a purist, and can't see any good in anyone's elses' hunting methods.He even hangs out with politicians on purpose! :shock: It seems to have twisted him. If he offends you, you can go to your user control panel and list him as "foe" and you will never see another word he posts. I prefer to keep an eye on him, and to benefit, when he posts useful info, and ignore him when acts like this. :oops:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 am

Retch,

Your purpose on here is to incit and degrade. You serve no humane purpose with any of your posts. If that's what you think ALL gun hunting Wisconsin hunters are like, I feel sad for you and your warped view of your fellow Wisconsinite.

If hunters around you and people you "wirk" with really hunt like that in the majority ... thank God I don't hunt anywhere near you.

Why you don't just shut up and go away never ceases to amaze me.

Jirk ....
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 am

Gotcha, Kellory.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm

umpiremark wrote:Retch,

Your purpose on here is to incit and degrade. You serve no humane purpose with any of your posts. If that's what you think ALL gun hunting Wisconsin hunters are like, I feel sad for you and your warped view of your fellow Wisconsinite.

If hunters around you and people you "wirk" with really hunt like that in the majority ... thank God I don't hunt anywhere near you.

Why you don't just shut up and go away never ceases to amaze me.

Jirk ....

UmpireMark, I understand you frustration, but I have to disagree with this statement. "You serve no humane purpose with any of your posts" While he can be welcome as a Hiri-Krishna at the airport, or the taxman at your door, Retch is a skilled craftsman, and his cheese smoker, and tower project, are both above average, and fully shared (to the betterment of the rest of us.) Ballistics research has proved useful, and his coat-tail video hunts have been interesting.
It's his oily, political, smarmy, elitist, bent, that makes him annoying. And don't get him started on the evils of crossbows or you will never hear the end of it. (I think he may have been bitten by a wild crossbow as a child, and it's scarred him for life :shock: )
Think of him as a sufferer of Turrets Syndrome, and he can't help being a jerk some times. It might be a byproduct of all those political meetings. There might even be permanent damage.
So next time you cross near the Troll Bridge, have a kind thought for the Troll, After all....Even the worst of us can serve as a bad example for others. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm

umpiremark wrote: Retch,

Your purpose on here is to incit and degrade. You serve no humane purpose with any of your posts.

Humane????? Huh? :roll:

umpiremark wrote:If that's what you think ALL gun hunting Wisconsin hunters are like, I feel sad for you and your warped view of your fellow Wisconsinite.

Who said all? :roll:

umpiremark wrote:thank God I don't hunt anywhere near you.

That makes two of us. :D

umpiremark wrote:Why you don't just shut up and go away never ceases to amaze me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a little over a week, we can return to good bowhunting (the ML crowd is more akin to bowhunters and there are only a tiny handful of them anyway)

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm

In a little over a week, we can return to good bowhunting (the ML crowd is more akin to bowhunters and there are only a tiny handful of them anyway)

Which ones would those be?

The ones that use smokeless powder? The ones that use the rifle scoped inline actions fired by 209 shotgun primers and synthetic black powder pellets?

Front loaded modern rifle, just like a compound bow with 85% let-off.

Hardly the purists you all present yourselves to be.

Retch Crabtree

Postby Retch Crabtree » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 am

Actually, this year,(like last year) I will be mentoring two younger guys during the pumpkin season. Their Dad does not hunt and they have no place to hunt so I take them with me and set them up on my bow stands. Last year, the older shot a buck a half hour after it walked passed me and the younger one shot two does. It was a great time. Neither one of them ever step foot in the woods except for opening weekend of gun der season but after a few days hunting with me they hope to feel like honest to goodness deer hunters. ;)

DannyBouy

Postby DannyBouy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 am

Ignorance is bliss! By both casual gun hunters and the the bonehead who started this thread.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 pm

The casual gun hunters are screwing up the next few years where I hunt...

People across the road who do the QDM got some does, and 3 mature bucks...we'll see where this lands me next year...

I read something online where 70% of the anterled bucks registered this year were 1.5 year old bucks.

I know the winter was easy on them and a lot survived, but whole cow, that's a lot of bucks that could have been something down the tubes...I had plenty of that around me, a group that owns a 40 shot 9 deer this year (7 does/fawns and 2 small small bucks) along with the people who own the 60 acres next to me who shot 2 buck fawns...I know deer will move in to the area this winter and spring, buck dang...that's some damage for the next few years...
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin