OHIO RUT REPORT

FFKEVIN

RE: OHIO RUT REPORT

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 am

[font=tahoma]I hunted in Jackson County on Wednesday 5th - Saturday 8th and in Delaware County yesterday (10th).  I saw no bucks chasing does.  I saw bucks by themselves and does together in groups, but no chasing.  Did see some scrapes, but that was it.[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

bowhunter61

Postby bowhunter61 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Went hunting this morning on state game lands in columbiana county and saw a small four point chasing a doe and also saw a doe. Found fresh scrape just made during the night. Seems its going to take off here in a couple days, hopefully. 

Smoothbore

Postby Smoothbore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:52 am

went hunting last weekend in New Lyme the deer were moving everywhere Sat and Sun missed a nice ten point Sat [:(] Mon and tuesday were pretty dead not much moving.

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:46 pm

went to the check in station and see a 13 point and a 10 point being checked in tonight but I on the other hand didn't see anything tonight but there is tomorrow

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Seeing fewer deer with the warmer weather still seeing alot of action.  Saw a broken rack buck and a couple does yesterday and 2 bucks one was probably a 130 in. 10point looked like a 2 year old, and another smaller 8pt 2 year old chasing a doe around at  1:30 today.  Going out again in the morning.  I've been waiting on a really good buck but I may not be as choosey now, I got called back to work.[:D]

Weather going to cool down again this weekend, chance of snow flurries on Sun. Good luck
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

snbtaxidermy

Postby snbtaxidermy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am

Got into the woods around 3:00 yesterday. And only seen a group of 3 does. They bedded down about 40 yards from me on the fence row. And never moved intill after dark. There is only 3 active scrapes around me when there was atleast 10 on the way to my stand. This weather had got them all confused. I think. When the temp falls It starts to get good. Then all a sudden we get days in the 60's Now its fell again and its raining cats and dogs. But well see what happens sunday. Ill be sitting all day! There calling for below normal weather with chance of snow. Hope with the rain today and it getting colder tomarrow. They will be back on there feet.

whitacl

Postby whitacl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:34 am

Was out today don't think they are up and moving yet.  Waiting for that temp to drop tonight.  It may be windy, but it will be cold and they should be getting all rutted up after that warm spell.  Saw a buck running a doe hard on Wed right at dark.  My dad had bucks fightin right after sun up, saw a really big buck that didn't even look at  him when he grunted on Friday.  This week should be full tilt.  Good luck and shoot straight!

Ohio BBH

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 pm

went out tonight and had a doe followed by a buck come running in so I think the snow really helped and can't wait untill sunday morning to take my son out with me tomorrow morning

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Finally saw the stud I've been waiting on yesterday morning.  He was following a doe right to me, when a smaller buck (2.5 year old) got a little to close to his girl, then the chase was on.  He ran him off before coming back for the doe, but didn't give me a shot.  Going out in the morning hope he shows up again.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

snbtaxidermy

Postby snbtaxidermy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Went out sunday all day and only had one buck come to the antlers. And thats wasnt intill 4:30. The darn farmer and his mule atv drove along the back half of the woods around 8:30-9:00 am so i think that played part in not seeing anything. But when the buck came in he was def loooking hard for who ever was fighting. Nice 12 point just outside his ears and had good mass but tines was short! But today on the way home from work. There where deer everywhere! Might haft to play sick this week lol. And take a day off!

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio