Any one Hunt/ing Baxters Hollow in Sauk County?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Hunter22

Any one Hunt/ing Baxters Hollow in Sauk County?

Postby Hunter22 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

A buddy and I are planning on hunting Baxters Hollow in Sauk opening day. We have scouted it a few times and we have seen some sign bet We have not seen any hunters and were wondering if any one has hunted, plans on hunting, or knows people that hunt it. We just want to know if we are going to be running into a bunch of guys that morning. Thanks in advance and Good Luck!

unclebuck

Re: Any one Hunt/ing Baxters Hollow in Sauk County?

Postby unclebuck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Sauk County, WI ?

Hunter22

Postby Hunter22 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Yea, Sauk County WI. It's not far from Devils Lake. A conservancy they opened up to hunting a couple years ago from what I understand. Like I posted earlier, we have been up there a few times looking for sign and a for places to set up and we never saw a bow hunter or anyone else for that matter. We were curious if that would change drastically saturday morning.

suds1421

Postby suds1421 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I did a little research on this land and it looks like it's part of the nature conservancy.

The nature conservancy says on their website that only lands that are listed are open to hunting. They also require a permit (from the nature conservancy) to hunt the land.

I can't say for sure about Baxter's Hollow, but I would do some checking to be sure that you are allowed to hunt on that land.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Hunter22. I also hunt in Sauk County. Although closer to the dells, so I cant be of much help. I'd be suprised if you didnt see at least one other person there on opening weekend. I'd get there early. Are you able to get out at all during the week too?

Hunter22

Postby Hunter22 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

I will be out Saturday and Sunday and then won't be able to get out again till Thursday morning. Hopefully we can take care of business Saturday or Sunday!
I assume we will run into somebody, I was just curious if it got hit real hard and if we would be running into a small militia that morning. We will get in real early, especially since we plan on walking in quite a ways. half mile or so.
Good luck.

Radar21

Postby Radar21 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 am

I am nearby on private land. I may explore in ther on Monday though. Huge area with few access points. Some of it dangerous. Local warden can give u a heads up on pressure- hes a good guy.

Return to General Discussions