Twinkies

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sierra

Twinkies

Postby Sierra » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Ok, so I don't really eat Twinkies. But I am going to eat some now. The death of a company is a big deal for everyone that worked there and that was their livelihood.

I am so sorry for the Hostess employees!
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Jon H.

Re: Twinkies

Postby Jon H. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

It's true, we all need to take care of or people by buying USA products! And buying them from a small family owned business. If we don't, who will!

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Agreed. I have mixed feelings about how this went down with their union. But still, I have to feel for those people.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm

They did it to themselves. It'd be like burning your own house down and then lamenting that you don't have any place to live. Well duh.....DON'T BURN IT DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE!

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/RE ... c3RfQ.cspx

Times are tough and will be getting tougher....a LOT tougher. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 pm

This part is the most telling......
."A representative for the bakery-workers union did not respond to request for comment. The Teamsters meanwhile are urging the smaller union to hold a secret ballot on whether to continue striking. Citing its financial experts who had access to the company's books, the Teamsters say that Hostess' warning of liquidation is "not an empty threat or a negotiating tactic" but a certain outcome if workers continue striking."
They were told by experts "this is cause and effect" If you do this....this WILL happen. So they stuck their heads in the sand and kept pushing..... :roll:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 am

They got what they wanted, now they must take what comes with it. This is merely a preview of the next 4 years and beyond. Get used to it. Ain't gonna be pretty......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 pm

I feel bad for anyone who has lost their job, but could Hostess make a more unhealthy group of foods? Partly, they are in trouble because fewer people are eating that garbage. In the article they asked, "What would you miss the most?" How about diabetes and obesity for starters?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Scoutfish

Postby Scoutfish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 pm

I am sure I ate my fair share of them as a kid, but I can't stand those things now! I don't like the zingers, apple pies, or any og those star crunches, zebra cakes, oatmeal cookies with cream in them either.

Whgile it is highly possible they are made exactly like they were when I was younger..I feel like they arent.

Now days, the bread is greasy and the sugar content will stop just a hair shy of causing you to go into diabetic shock!

They really don't have much flavor other than just being sweet.

Personally, I'd rather eat sardines on crackers or a smoked sausage biscut than one of those snack cakes.

But I confess, at Christmas and Thanksgiving, I prefer seconds of the main course over dessert.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

I never really did like twinkies and such too much, but when it comes to Oatmeal Creme Pies i'm a sucker.

I don't think they taste as good as they used to though...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 am

They need to get the high fructose cor syrup out of it and just make 'm, with real sugar again.

I just started following this story (been out of the loop for a couple weeks), it amazes me that people will shoot themselves in the foot to spite their face so to speak. EVERYONE is suffering cuts right now, not sure why the teamsters and twinkies staff think they are any different. This may be only the start for layoffs coming this year (and the next 3 after that).
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Off Topic