Deer movement

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
burnnurse1

Deer movement

Postby burnnurse1 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:37 am

Just wanted to check with everyone to see how the deer have been moving throughout the rest of the country, especially with the big full moon this week. Slowed down considerably in the last week here in Louisiana, at least my area of La. It's been pretty warm here but the last few nights have brought near freezing teamps. I went from seeing almost 30 deer in a week to virtually nothing. Granted, I haven't been out as much due to work, but my dad is retired and practically lives at the camp and has said movement has really slowed in last week or so. Went once last week and decided to sit from daylight till 130 and didn't see a deer until 1045. Then had another come out at 1115. What I expected considering the moon. Everyone else still seeing good number of animals? Won't be back out till tue. Hope for better report. Ready to see some chasing!!!!

..........Just got a call from dad. Say's he missed a big one. Maybe things are looking up!!!!!!

howhill1

RE: Deer movement

Postby howhill1 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:43 pm

probably wont do ya much good but ive been on vac huniting every day this past week and bucks here in il, at least the ones on our farm,are cruisin like crazy. ive heard more buck grunts this week than ever before and seen several bucks nose to the ground on the move all hours of the day.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Movement has began to slow here. Still lots of smaller bucks out searching but the big boys are tied up right now.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:51 pm

starting to see more deer on the move during the daylight.cold is finally here and im sure those guns going off help[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

RatherBeHuntin24/7

Postby RatherBeHuntin24/7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:59 am

im starting to think some early does have all the bucks worked up on the neighboring properties right now. The does ive been seeing still arnt being bothered.. and thats all im seein is does really. hopefully the best huntin still in the next couple weeks.

Return to General Discussions