Buying a bow.

8uck5nort

RE: Buying a bow.

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 am

Great advice. My first bow was a Wally world special and it killed deer. Granted it was not as smooth as a my PSE Brute, but it too has killed deer. I got into the PSE 2007 package for around 399 + some new arrows.

Like many have said before take every opp to shoot as many as you can. Pick what makes you feel comfoartable. Don't worry about brand name or marketing hype.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

JOEL

RE: Buying a bow.

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:18 pm

check your local regs in NY the min draw weight is 35lbs for deer hunting
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

kellory

Re: Buying a bow.

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

By choice I use a crossbow, but when I use a bow it is an indian stalker. (shory compound, adjustable 45-55lbs ) I have 1 for me and 1 for my son. For you, I would reccomend you go to a shop like gander mountain or bass pro shop and get fitted to the right size and poundage for you. try the new stuff out on the indoor range, and see what you like, then try Craig's List for a used bow of the same type. A lot of bows go for @ $50! I got a left handed hunting bow for my brother with fiber optics, and quiver with arrows and field tips for $50. (Some lowlife broke into his storage locker and stole all his hunting gear, so I am helping to reoutfit him You may find something you can't live without, who knows?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Bows