Hey JPH

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
luvhuntin

Hey JPH

Postby luvhuntin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Some Madison county eye candy for you. did`nt see one during daylight though just too warm this weekend. I take that back we did see a very nice buck standing 200 yards into a cornfield on earlham road he was with a doe. sure wish i would have taken a few more days off during that cold snap.
Attachments
brow tine buck.jpg
brow tine buck.jpg (335.78 KiB) Viewed 560 times
good start.jpg
good start.jpg (332.98 KiB) Viewed 560 times
fuzzy.jpg
fuzzy.jpg (335.11 KiB) Viewed 560 times

JPH

Re: Hey JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Man you really know how to hurt a guy! I spent the day in Madison Co. and found out I've lost my spot there. I've been hunting it since 1998. Looks like those bucks will be safe from me.

Oh well, you didn't know.

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm

OOF, really sorry to hear that. never would have done it if i had known. I bet you will find bigger and better spots for next year. it`s going to take at least five years for madison to recover from the drought and be decent for deer hunting again. I`m actually hoping to have different places for next year myself.

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Just giving you a hard time. Nothing lasts forever. And you are correct, Madison Co has been EHD ground zero! On top of that, my neighbor was goose hunting last week near Earlham, right by the RR tracks and saw a cougar. The farmer said that is the 3rd sighting this year, on that farm alone! The place I am losing was a short run for a cougar from there.

I'll tell the whole story when everything is over and done with.

A buddy helped me pull all my stands today, but I left one. That way I have an excuse to go back one last time. Kind of like a messy breakup.

Return to Photo Corner