shotgun ?!?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

shotgun ?!?

Postby Homunculi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

well last year was the first year in 20 years my old shotty did not go out ... was thinking about taking her out for old time sake with gun season coming up ...
what do y'all think ????

since i been in archery over the past 2 years and doing well at it ... should i give it a go ? it is only one week ....

as stated before i have only taken 2 doe from 1991 thru 2010 ... .... am i just wanting a reminisant of older hunts or just setting myself up to fail?

last year 3 deer in the freezer ...
this year 3 so far .... well 4 if you count the road kill i was there to kill ...

just for old time sake ?? or just keep bow hunting ....
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Re: shotgun ?!?

Postby Deebz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm

dude, if you feel like taking the shotty out and chasing some deer during gun season go for it. You shouldn't need need to rationalize why and what you hunt with. I started out bowhunting only, and I always got bummed during gun season because i coudln't hunt. then I got my shotgun and started gun hunting too.

You posted that you were looking for deer for the food pantry, so if you need a good reason to kill more deer, there it is.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Homunculi

Re: shotgun ?!?

Postby Homunculi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 pm

last year was the first time in 20 years the shotgun stayed at home i had the crossbow and took 3 last year ...

i have mentioned before i have shotgun hunted only since 1990/91 and only bagged 2 between 90 and 2010

that was due ti work schedules and time i was able to get out in the woods and hunting public lands

... well this season i been back n forth between the compound and the crossbow 3 in the freezer already ...

and 3 tags left :) ... i will get out either way but last year it was weird not to take my shoty out ..

and as for the pantry one of my inlaws family members is on this kick of wanting money from anyone ..
the last time i offered deer meat to the pantry they did not want it ...

now 2 years later they are asking for anything ...
so even if it feeds 1-2 families i will be donating something and i was looking to get at least 2 carcasses from
the deer strike hotline to help more families out ..
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Return to General Discussions