Hunting public land in Kansas

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
amishnightmare

Hunting public land in Kansas

Postby amishnightmare » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am

I have been seriously looking into going to Kansas just to hunt there public land. I live in NW Arkansas. We have "OK" sized deer here but nothing like up there! I have been researching on what i would need to do but i can't find out about getting a hunting licence. Do you go to a local gas station and pick one up or do you have to put in for a permit in that zone (which i don't know how to do) or what? I've emailed people but nothing back. i have a plan! My plan is for me and my friend to go to Kansas and video our hunt at that beginning of bow season up there. Thank you every one, and safe hunting!

amishnightmare

Re: Hunting public land in Kansas

Postby amishnightmare » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am

doesn't have to be just Kansas. It can be Iowa, Illinois, or TX. :D

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am

I am from Northern Illinois and I know that anyone can buy a non resident hunting liscence and archery tags over the counter. I am not that familiar with availability of public land in southern Illinois (close to you) but it can be a little scarce up here (I live about 20 miles from Wisconsin). I look online at availabilty of public land in wisconsin and minnesota and drool. They have tons campared to Illinois. We have some great deer but the Chicago politicians run the entire state, and we can see how well the no (legal) gun policy is working in Chicago...

Good luck!
Semper Fidelis!

amishnightmare

Postby amishnightmare » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I look at hunting land in Illinois and droll! lol your deer in IL field dressed are the size of are deer not dressed lol.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 pm

All you have to do to get a Kansas tag is go onto the Kansas DNR web site & follow the instructions.
They have a draw but they have over the counter tags after the draw at least that is how it works for the part of the state I hunt.
https://www3.wildlifelicense.com/ks/start.php
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

amishnightmare

Postby amishnightmare » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 pm

can u buy over the counter licence in Iowa and Illinois if you have a lease? how does it work if you have an out of state lease?

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am

I know you can buy an over the counter license and archery tags for non-residents in IL no matter where you're hunting. i think you may have to apply for firearm tags though... unless there are extras that can be purchased OTC...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

amishnightmare

Postby amishnightmare » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

how much do they generally run in Illinois for non-resident archery?

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 am

$450ish

I don't know why I just told you that when what I wanted to say was that I spent hours looking through a dozen DNR sites and so can you.

;)
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Return to General Discussions