HELP! Quick Response Needed

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shadow

RE: HELP! Quick Response Needed

Postby shadow » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:20 pm

I did go in this morning, probably should't have, I don't know. But I did not go into the area I have not yet hunted but rather I hunted a spot I've killed deer before. Here's how it went....
I got settled in by 9am sitting against an old stone wall concealed very well. I saw nothing for 45 mins. then my phone starts vibrating, its my daughter who forgot to take her gym clothes to school.. either get them to her or she gets detention. Since it's her responsibility to bring her clothes in I felt she should suffer with the consequences.
Well...after arriving at home at 10:05, and changing, (can't go into a school in Central Conn., looking like a hunter, heaven's sakes, they would be in lockdown).. I get her her clothes then go back to get back on my camo and head for the woods.
Still hunting my way to my seat I see a deer walking off slowly but am afraid to rush off in its direction with all the leaves making so much noise now. I finally get to my seat and see nothing for 3 hours. On my way out I spooked a small buck, it went only 30-40 yards into some thick brush and was looking into the sun in my direction but couldn't detect me. 
My hunt today didn't give me a deer, but at least I wa able to be out there. I'm skipping Friday, and will hunt all day Saturday.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 pm

First of all, congratulations on being such a great dad. As much as we LOVE deer hunting, kids and family do come first, at least if our "obession: is a somewhat healthy one.........

Secondly, I`m with the others, hunt Saturday, all day. It`s tough to sit all day, so take food, water, something to read, and be certain you have whatever clothing you need to stay comfortable.

Best of luck, and do let us know how the hunt goes.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Hunt that stand all day if things go for you like they do for me the first time you hunt a stand is always the best.. Why cut some of those hours off especially when some of those hours are the best times to hunt...

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Previous

Return to General Discussions