Hats off to Primos

8uck5nort

Hats off to Primos

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 am

I will rarely if ever intentionally support a single brand (I refuse to buy logoed clothes cause they should pay me to advertise for them instead of me paying them), but I will have to give Primos a nod. They have earned my loyalty.

I bought a compact grunt tube and within a few uses managed to mangle the mylar reed. I sent an e-mail to the Primos tech support stating I had messed up the reed and asked how much the replacment reeds cost. They simply asked for my address and within a week have pretty much a lifetime supply of reeds at no cost. (They even paid for the shipping!)

I bought a Primos bleat can last year. Used it with moderate success last year. Got it out this year before leaving on business trip to test and it sounded like a wounded duck giving it last gasp instead of a doe in estrus. Panic set in (don't know why, little jumpy I guess [8D]) and I ran out and bought another one. then I thought to myself just send an Primos an e-mail explaining what happened to the first one and lets see what they say. I got an immediate response with instructions to send it in for repairor replacment. Yesterday I recieved a brand new one and they even paid the shipping.

Just wanted to share with you guys in case you are looking for a new call. Can't really tell you if it brings in the deer any better than another, but Primos, at least in my experience, has great customer service.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Patriot

RE: Hats off to Primos

Postby Patriot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks for the heads up! 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:34 am

gotta lov customer service as that will make a customer for life

Thanks!!
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Awesome support from them, and you`re right for spreading the word. I`ll remember that and buy their stuff, and spread the word even more. They deserve the good word, it isn`t just everyone who wants to take good care of their customers these days.

And by the way, I`m with you on the advertising thing. Why would I buy a Cabela`s sweatshirt for example, and give them free advertising. Especially when I`ve spent so much money there. My buddies, not jokingly, say that Cabela`s is my mortage holder, and they`re right.

madmacs0101

Re: Hats off to Primos

Postby madmacs0101 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like they are making up for a quality problem. Does everyone else have these same reed issues that you have seen? Makes me wonder about the reeds from Primos.

Glad to hear they stand behind their products. I have good luck with Knight & Hale, but I would consider Primos.

Return to Calls