sore as h@ll after this morning

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

sore as h@ll after this morning

Postby Homunculi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 pm

this morning turned out well ... looked like i was going to sit for a while and go to work .. but one of the bucks decided to show up in the creek bed off to my right .. about 830 .. i thought he was going to cross and head out to the road ..

took him about 10 minutes to get inside of the 25 yard tree ...

the shocker is after i shot .. he did not run just stood there and laid down ... puzzled me .. but i am not complaining about that .. called for help to get him out of the creek bed to the gravel drive all my buddies who are unemployed were out hunting :? ...
son in school .. dad not answering the phone ... brother .. working ...

i think he is a nice 8 pointer but there is 2 knobs on the right main beam one of my coworkers says " if you can hang a ring off it it is considered a tine" that would make him a 10 pointer ?????
the one pic is theree you can see the one the other is there but hard to see because of the ear behind it ...

THIS IS # 4 FOR THIS FALL SEASON!!!! and i am happy as all hell
Attachments
3deer.JPG
3deer.JPG (607.76 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
2deer.JPG
2deer.JPG (492.47 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
1deer.JPG
1deer.JPG (511.95 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Jslotter

Re: sore as h@ll after this morning

Postby Jslotter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 pm

nice buck good job!
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Just to make these a bit more view able....
3deer c.jpg
3deer c.jpg (162.87 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
2deer b.jpg
2deer b.jpg (142.68 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
1deer a.jpg
1deer a.jpg (155.41 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

And nice job Golem! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 am

Very nice buck. Sounds like you will be serving lots of venison at your house this year.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

oletimer

Postby oletimer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 am

Nice...congrats..

Story reminds me of one I shot with a muzzleloader. First shot was about 50 yard away and once the smoke cleared he was about still standing there. Thought I miss ?? As I was reloading he walked about 10 yards closer. Took aim again and again after the smoke cleared there he stood. He proceded to walk away. Went about 20 yards away and laid down on a logging road and just put his head down like going to sleep. Never made another move. Upon retrieving himn both shots where right on the mark. BTW.. Nice 8 point with 20 inch spread.
Trueth is stranger than fiction.
lead follow or get out of the way

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 pm

ok it is now officcial .. my father seen the rack on this one ... hung a rind on the 2 extras on the right main beam .. said they count as points .. i did not believe him till i heard the same thing from the taxidermist i took him too ...
cannot believe my wife is accually letting me get him mounted ... :o .. she told me for years i was not hanging animal pars on the walls ... but since then has let me hang turkey fans beards .. and now a deer head ..... :o :o :o

sooooo 10 point buck !!!!! yay! ... heh i was still happy as hell as big as he is .. thinking he was an 8 pointer ...

but yet here is the party killer ... my older brother as always ... "NOT AS BIG AS MY 10 POINT" ...

but what do you expect from a spoiled rotten first born ... who has the tout "he is" and "has the best" "got the best" .. "did the best" .....
oh well i am just best to think i did well and not get angry ... not talk or comment back to his pompus gloating @ss who has not taken a deer in 3 years

i am happy for anyone who takes one ... it is meat in the freezer does not matter how big or small ... or how many just the fact that you did it ...

am i wrong to think that way .. or should i just be an @ss like my brother and start braggin numbers and sizes ... (i doubt i will)

:( will be 10 months before i see my mount but hey .. the mrs said i can have one ... :)

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 am

Being the 2nd of 4 boys in my family... brothers are always going to give you crap. It's like, in the job description I think.

Every time I missed a deer, I could count on my big bro to give me crap about it. Every time I shot a deer, I caught crap about how tiny it was... Every time i talked about a deer I passed up, I got grief about not being able to seal the deal...

Just keep doing what you're doing...talk's cheap, but meat in the freezer and memories on the wall are worth a million words...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Homunculi wrote:
the shocker is after i shot .. he did not run just stood there and laid down ... puzzled me ..

Where was he hit?

I'm asuming you were "sore as hell" from dealing with the deer by yourself. I had the same thing, legs so sore, when I had to deal by myself an 8pt I arrowed at 6:50 AM in Nov.. No one around and no one to call and weather being so warm I wanted to get it gutted and to the butcher asap. Try doing that when you have 75 years wraped up.

I never heard of the ring rule, but it is what it is. If you were to have if scored, Pope & Young rules are, to be concidered a point, it has to be at least 1 inch long. I'm not judging, just passing on some info.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 am

charlie 01 wrote:
Homunculi wrote:
the shocker is after i shot .. he did not run just stood there and laid down ... puzzled me ..

Where was he hit?

I'm asuming you were "sore as hell" from dealing with the deer by yourself. I had the same thing, legs so sore, when I had to deal by myself an 8pt I arrowed at 6:50 AM in Nov.. No one around and no one to call and weather being so warm I wanted to get it gutted and to the butcher asap. Try doing that when you have 75 years wraped up.

I never heard of the ring rule, but it is what it is. If you were to have if scored, Pope & Young rules are, to be concidered a point, it has to be at least 1 inch long. I'm not judging, just passing on some info.

in the ribs high next to the spine .... personally i am still thinking he is a big 8 pointer ... i was just repeating what the taxidermist said .... i posted a pic of the right main beam with the nodules ...

my legs back and arms were so sore from dragging him close enough i could get a rope on him to drag him up the hill with the diesel and rope

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

bobow

Postby bobow » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Congrats on a nice buck. I am glad the wife sees the light! :D
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Return to General Discussions