local food pantry

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

Re: local food pantry

Postby Homunculi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 pm

was not suggesting anyone give up the deer they hunted ... i was looking for deer that were hit by cars and put down by an officer .. (a fresh kill) not something that has been laying there for god knows how long ... i know the term "roadkill" does not exactly sound appetizing

i was thinking it would be better than the DOT taking the then to the dump or leaving them lay to rot ...

one of the reasons why i was thinking about this is the local pantry has asked for my help before...

up until 5 years ago this coming december i was struggling to make ends meet ,,, because of child support ..

it was weighing heavy on me... and i was in financial ruin for 19 years .. working anything i could to make money and when i asked for help

i was told i make too much money for any help or assistance ... well anyway all 19 of those years of trying to live week to week on a $75-$140

paycheck and the old van i drove took 80-95 in fuel a week .. and almost causing a divorce between me and my wife ...

and well if i cannot get a deer or 2 through the way i am trying to .. i have some meat in the freezer and will take some to the food pantry

if i can help one or two families to a hot home cooked meal for christmas is the least i could do

and thanks for the info kellroy .. i can pass that along to the pantry as well ...
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:25 pm

well got one ... today .. from the local police dept ... this will be about 50-55lbs to the pantry ... :D

roasts and burger .. cannot beat that ...
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Waste not, want not. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to General Discussions