late season bow hunt

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
vipermann7

late season bow hunt

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:30 am

Any you guys regularly late season bow hunt? I've never tried it, not seriously anyway. i have shot a few does late season, but gun season opened today in wisconsin and I'm still holding my bow buck tag, so I might hit the woods late season this year. Our gun season here is 9 days, and there is some serious human intrusion into areas of deer habitat that see no human traffic all year. People really get out and hit it hard for gun season.

So you think it pays to hit the woods bow hunting right after gun season, or should I chill out for a few days and let everything settle down?

hh23viking

RE: late season bow hunt

Postby hh23viking » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:34 am

I'd say get out there and give it a try..I'm in Rhode Island-The season goes from Oct 1 to Jan 31 for Archery..It's getting tougher and tougher to find really good places to gun hunt. The states population is really dense. So I've become a full time bow hunter who slips into areas that gun hunting isn't an option and is waiting for the big one to show up..I'm addicted and having a blast. 30-35 mph winds today have kept me out of the woods and on the computer instead..

thule

Postby thule » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:03 am

I have to agree with viking, the presure from gun hunting will get the deer moving and maybe headed your way. This is what im banking on here in MA. Archery closed today but 30mph winds kept me out of the woods as well. No hunting allowed next week then gun season opens 12/1/08

RatherBeHuntin24/7

Postby RatherBeHuntin24/7 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:48 pm

i like hunting late season bow because me and my brother usually get the property to ourselves. If you have a late season food plot like wheat its perfect, and a great time to fill a buck tag. here in indiana we have like a week off between gun and bow again so i dont have a choice, but i think id still wait a week anyway and let them get into a real feeding pattern again.

Return to General Discussions