Twinkies

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
unclebuck

Re: Twinkies

Postby unclebuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm

I dont think I would eat twinkies even if it meant saving my own job. Gross. Star Crunches on the other hand... :D

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Moon Pies and Goo-Goo Clusters!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 pm

***THIS JUST IN***

Good news for the workers at the recenty closed Hostess Bakery! NO JOBS LOST!!!!

... It was split up... The State Department hired all the Twinkies... The Secret Service hired all the Ho Hos... The Generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes ... and unquestionably, the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress...
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 am

I would not hesitate to go on strike if they stopped contributing to my pension and cut my wages and benefits. Now if they offered to keep things the same, that would be different. There is a certain breaking point for most people and I would have to bet with the way things have been going in this country that the union has given up something in each contract that has gone by.
If a strike does this to a company, then it was probably close to being doomed anyway. That waste of an article most likely barely digs into all thats going on. How about the company getting to that point anyway?? Even in the tough times, the management had to go wrong somewhere. The union knew the risks of going on strike and I dont blame them for going out one bit.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

mhouck06 wrote:I would not hesitate to go on strike if they stopped contributing to my pension and cut my wages and benefits. Now if they offered to keep things the same, that would be different. There is a certain breaking point for most people and I would have to bet with the way things have been going in this country that the union has given up something in each contract that has gone by.
If a strike does this to a company, then it was probably close to being doomed anyway. That waste of an article most likely barely digs into all thats going on. How about the company getting to that point anyway?? Even in the tough times, the management had to go wrong somewhere. The union knew the risks of going on strike and I dont blame them for going out one bit.

This.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm

unclebuck wrote:
mhouck06 wrote:I would not hesitate to go on strike if they stopped contributing to my pension and cut my wages and benefits. Now if they offered to keep things the same, that would be different. There is a certain breaking point for most people and I would have to bet with the way things have been going in this country that the union has given up something in each contract that has gone by.

This.

Yeah, it read the same way the first time I read it..... ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 am

Woods Walker wrote:Moon Pies

RC Cola and a Moon Pie!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Off Topic