how is your deer seasons going???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: how is your deer seasons going???

Postby JPH » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:31 am

ORIGINAL: ohiohunter
 A 13 point buck with about a 6 in droptine walked in front of my car towards my family's woods.  Im only 17 so i get to participate in ohio's youth gun season that starts tomorrow so i will be sitting out all day hoping to get a shot at him.  Ill keep you posted!!!

Remember to relax and breathe slowly. Squeeze the trigger. Make it count.

Good luck. We look forward to the photos.

thule

Postby thule » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:29 am

Things seem very slow here in Massachuets. Temp this morning with the wind chill was 8 needless to say I couldnt get out to hunt on the last day of archery. Gun season opens 12/1/08 back up the tree stand I go. Looking to fill my first doe and buck tags.

Pugsley

Postby Pugsley » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 pm

I went bow hunting for the very first time and got a doe on my sisters 7 acres. I saw only 3 buck so far. The land i hunt on is not a good area. Where i saw those 3 buck were on the neighbors land, 10 acres. He sold it this year and didn't tell me. I was hunting on someone else's property. Now i ended up finding 10 different acres to hunt. This time the owner has seen a 14, 12 and 2 big eights. He doesn't hunt and the people who have land bordering his, the deer come from their property to his during hunting season to hide. The 14 pointer was seen the other day limping really bad. Maybe shot during archery or hit by a car? I was on the land today for the first time and i like what i saw. Took a quick walk around and saw some nice rubs. Only time will tell. By the way i'm new here.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:15 am

[hr]
ORIGINAL: Southern Man

Season going good in KY. I don't think I've ever seen as many quality bucks as this year. Tagged out opening day. Am working on bonus deer on public land......

I tagged out with a kill on Friday afternoon.  KY rifle season is now over. 

I never saw one of the big boys on my property, but it looks like some of the surrounding areas had good luck.  Saturday AM I stopped by Meyer's  in Lennoxburg to drop of my little carcass and saw some real monsters waiting to be processed.  Opening Weekend did not do well, but the latter part of the season seemed to be when the monsters came out.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:42 am

My season has been lukewarm.  I did take an 8 pointer in late October but other than that, the season consists of misses on two different does (brainhead mistakes on my part both times).  Worst part of the season is that overall deer sightings are way down for me.  At least I have one in the freezer though.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Previous

Return to General Discussions