Out of tricks

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
justbill

Out of tricks

Postby justbill » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Hello all.New guy here well I've been stoping by and reading post four awhile.I hunt the family farm In northeast Missouri and have a buck driv'in me crazy.I've got tons of pic's of him but he's only move'in at nite.I've been at this four many years.Wow thinkin back on it my first bow was a bear whitetail with the six pullies and steel cables.You guys in your 40's and up remember them.long ago.I've tryed mock scraps gettin in my stand to hours befor first lite you name it...Over the years i've taken my fair share of bucks even six that went over 130.I juess what Im after is if any of you have any tricks that have worked for you.Im all ears....Bill

charlie 01

Re: Out of tricks

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I do good rattling, have you tried it. If you get a lot of pics of him then that is his place and I would think if anything is going on like fighting he would be interested to see who and what is going on in his place. I do best with early morning rattling. And what about food sorces. He has to be eating something somewhere.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

hot tamale

Re: Out of tricks

Postby hot tamale » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:37 am

There are a few things you can do for this deer:

First of all, what is he doing in these pics of him you have? is he just passing through your land? if so-where is he going to? Food plots, bedding area? What time of night is it? just after the sun is going down, midnight or just before dawn?

How large is your parcel of land? is it your land or leased? do you have the ability to create a bedding area? What about food on your parcel? is there any type of browse that would hold him?

I would love to help but your description is pretty vague and tough to help with hardly any info. post more and I'm sure we can get you that buck.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting