tree saddles

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
the turkey guy

tree saddles

Postby the turkey guy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 am

Hi guys i don't post here much but after reading the article and just recent getting a new product i got to put my two cents in. First i have be a bow hunting nut for twenty plus years now and own about 40 differnt stands and have come far too close two times from falling out . I was going to get another stand a few weeks ago and then i saw the trophyline saddle and thought hey, lets give it a try. And all i can say is WOW, amazing. you wear your stand and harnness in one.The saddle lets me set up any where, any tree. no more bustin' my back haulin' stand up and down trees. it so quiet and i love that my profile is so much lower. This is the coolest thing i have seen. this weekend we used it to hunt a tree line that for years we hoped the trees would grow big enough to put stands up in. And between two friends of mine, down went two nice does and a nice 8 pointer which the boys are haulin' out right now hopefully.  Hit a little high late last night. please check one out they really are the cat meow thanks rob.PS the saddle is the most comfortable stand that i ever have sat in. i think next year there will be 40 used stands for sale.

bigdeer

RE: tree saddles

Postby bigdeer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:38 am

How is the trophyline saddle on you back?
How long did you sit up there?
Need info I have a bad back
Thank you

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:39 am

amazing i had a really bad wipe out on an atv and i see the chroptator once a week and i feel great not being all crunched up in my stand.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:10 pm

I've never heard of these or seen them for that matter.  How do they work?  Do you have a link to their website, or where do you buy them at?

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 pm

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am

And thats comfortable??? Looks to me like after about 10 min i would be trying to get to one of my other stands.  You sure could be mobile with one of those...
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:21 am

well put this way i sat the other morning for 6 hours and didn't move one muscle and i can't do that in my stands .

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:33 pm

I can see why you didnt move a muscle after watching the video of how the thing works!!

Just kidding. they would certainly be mobile and your shooting angles would be unlimited if the terrain allowed.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:32 am

After waking up half the woods trying to clamp my climber around a tree, let alone get up it,  I am sold on the Tree Saddle.  Might be too late in the season for me to make the investment now with having to take the time to do a few practice climbs and shoots, but I'm convinced this thing is the way to go.  Definately think your safer in one of these than a hang on or climber...but the portability and stealthness of these things is what has me sold.  You can scout out your stands ahead of time, use screw-ins or ladders to get to your desired height, tie in and hang out.  Not to mention the idea of concealing your profile behind the tree makes total sense to me.  Might be awkward at first but I'm sure you'd get used to it pretty quick.  As for the comfort, based on watching the video and seeing actual feed back and testimonials there are varying positions, all look more comnfortable than my stand positions and if need be I can rest my knees agaist the trunk of the try.  I'll let everyone know what i think when i actually get one and try it out...but like the Turkey guy said, i can easlily see a lot of people giving up their hang -ons and climbers in lieu of this option.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 am

OK, just got one off of EBAY, so as soon as I get comfortable with it I'm going to do a field test and let everyone here know all the pros and cons.  i sincerely hope this thing is the answer to my portability and stealth issues when it comes to using a tree stand...i suspect in some areas it will help and in others it won't make a difference, but at least its worth a  shot and if nothing else...if its a piece scat, you all are going to know about it!

Next

Return to Tree Stands