new camo

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
luvhuntin

new camo

Postby luvhuntin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Doubt if your state DNR will allow this type of tech anytime soon even if you could afford it. but the better question is would you use it if you could? I do`nt think i would seems like cheatin to me. it would take all the fun out of hunting, when you know you can`t be seen there would be no rush of excitement when the deer is close and one wrong move sends you home empty handed.Hope it never gets into the hunting arena but my guess is it will.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/claim-s ... your-mind/

Ohio farms

Re: new camo

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm

As I've always said, "the military has the best toys".
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm

cool .... if that is out there ,, it will be a cool item to add to the arsenal ... but the states will more than likely ban it because it is an unfair advantage ....
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 am

http://www.hyperstealth.com/patterns.html

This is the company that supplied those pics. Check out the Optifade patterns licensed to Gore Tech.

I'm going to say this again. If this works out in the deer woods:

. . . you do not have to do a whole lot of thinking about camo. Somebody is going to say that it's the boots-- the boots make me invisible, right?

Furthermore, those invisibility cloaks that they're talking about on The Blaze use batteries. A lot of states will not let you use electronic devices. I also bet somebody, given the chance, would spray their cloak with UV-Killer just to have that "extra edge". I wonder how well this technology would work after you threw it in the dryer to re-activate.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

LOL! :lol: Shaman you sure can boil it down to the good stuff. I checked out the optifade stuff and even tried their deer vision simulations at the bottom of the page but I can`t stand the looks of it. (never liked the new military fatigues when they came out either) and if i feel like an idiot wearing it i`m not going to hunt well. besides you ever checked the prices on that gear at the local sporting goods store WHEW! make a guy sweat like he had to down a jar of jalapeno`s after loosing a bet!

Return to General Discussions