CCW for Illinois

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

CCW for Illinois

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm

The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Re: CCW for Illinois

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Good for Illinois. Welcome to the 21st century
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Not so fast.......

All this judgement says is that Illinois must allow SOME form of concealed carry and that it cannot have an outright ban on it. They have 180 days to come up with a concealed carry law.

Well guess what.....we may technically have a CC law, but it will be the most unobtainable, costly and exclusive one in the nation. Don't be surprised to see outrageous permit fees, long drawn out waiting and approval times, mandatory, expensive training courses, and maybe even specialized liability insurance to discourage as many Americans as possible from exercising their God given right to self defense.

Anyone who's lived here knows that this entire state is ruled by the Chicago combine, and they pretty much do as the please.

I'm happy to see it as it is a step in the right direction, but we still have a LONG way to go.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:38 am

Amen Woods...

I know there are other states where they technically have a concealed carry law in place, but it ends up denying most of the people who apply for the permit.

However, I'm choosing to remain hopefully optimistic that I'll be able to carry concealed in the next few years.

I also don't really have a problem taking a training course and having to prove that I'm capable with a weapon before I am allowed to carry one in public. I've seen some people shoot (just youtube "gun fail") that I would really rather not have carrying a gun around on a daily basis...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 am

When I took my CC course a few years ago, there was a guy in his 50's that the instructor gave him his money back and would not pass him. Thank goodness because this guy was dangerous. I kept thinking, "this guy should never carry a gun"
Deebz, I did youtube "guns fail". These guys who were handing a young kid or small woman a gun that they knew darn well that they could not handle, should be smacked upside the head. There are some crazy people out there.
Hopefuly, Illinois will do this right.
Last edited by Ohio farms on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:54 pm

As Woods mentioned it will a draconian law. Unless the NRA & ISRA get their act together it will end up being a "may" issue instead of "shall" issue.

And it will end up being so restrictive & expensive most won't be able to afford it. :twisted:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I heard today that Illinois Attny General Lisa Madigan is talking about wanting to add an "assault weapons" ban rider onto whatever CC bill get's introduced as a result of this ruling.

So here we go..........Same BS, different day.....
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 am

If the bill is supposed to be legislating the ins and outs of "concealed carry", I don't see how an "assault weapon" even fits into that category... Pretty hard to conceal an AR...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 am

Saw this article today... just a couple of different points of view from the politicians involved...

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/state-an ... 963f4.html

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Some states are "shall carry", and some are "may carry". Illinois will be the first, "Yeah right! Keep dreaming!/carry" state!

They will enact a law all right, they have to. But it will be so restrictive that no one will be able to meet all the requirements, and if they did, it would take YEARS to actually get approved.

Does anyone REALLY think that Gov. Quinn and Atty General Madigan are going to cooperate on this???

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as being purely a theoretical victory and not a real one in practice.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Return to General Discussions